Canberra's first rotating house for sale

Looks interesting. I wonder how much it will sell for.

I posted it in the coffee lounge a few weeks back. I thought the auction would have been held by now but I guess they wanted the build up

Apologies for reposting- I hadn't realised.

Apparently the auction has been postponed even beyond the date on Allhomes. I imagine a house like that wouldn't come cheap.

I've been in a few rotating lounge rooms in my drinking days.

I can imagine this place.

"Why are you in late?" "I couldn't find the front door".

I think they may have over-capitalised by building in Crace though. They could have got more and sold easier if they built in a more established area

All sounds a bit silly if you ask me.

Imagine how complicated the sewer and water and electricity connections must be? Unless there is some simple idea I've not thought of, it would cause problems, especially as things age.

See ya's.

All sounds a bit silly if you ask me.

Imagine how complicated the sewer and water and electricity connections must be? Unless there is some simple idea I've not thought of, it would cause problems, especially as things age.

See ya's.

I was thinking about this yesterday but didn't post about it, how it all works in terms of electricity and water and how long until it gives way.

I was thinking about this yesterday but didn't post about it, how it all works in terms of electricity and water and how long until it gives way.

Yep. Someone is just busting to get on here and point out that the house is supposedly self sufficient in water and electricity? I make it that with Canberra's 600 mill rainfall, you're only going to catch 100 thousand litres of rain water per year and that in an average year. A drought and it will be a lot worse. That will make for some short showers. It would be nice to get town water to at least put down the toilet and use in the laundry to make the rain water go further.

How would the solar power go with a wet cloudy winter week?

See ya's.

It has several speeds- but can do a full revolution in ten minutes.

Was anyone else secretly hoping that it could spin a lot quicker?!? Regardless I think the novelty would wear off pretty quickly.

I imagine that the water & electricity are on the grid/mains - there would just be a connection in the middle that can rotate.

I imagine all the plumbing and building services would be connected in through the centre of the building, where it is least likely to get tangled and minimising moving distances when the building does rotate.

Imagine the fights over the controls for the movement of the house!

Will be an interesting assignment for a valuer if a valuation is required.

Not sure about the timing of the auction - midweek and a day after budget night.

Cheers

Jamie

It was a small-ish house and land for the price. With $1 million+, you pretty much have the choice of a house in any suburb in Canberra - many on significantly bigger blocks than that

Back