North Canberra - Renovation Opportunity

Good looking out Phil. A decent size house as well.

That's the cheapest 3 beddy I've seen in Canberra for a long time.

Cheers

Jamie

Agreed, I honestly cant recall seeing a cheaper property in Canberra in the 2-3 years that I have been looking...if there has been, then I havent been looking hard enough!

Having never reno'd, and just by having a quick look at comparisons in the same suburb I reckon that after a quick cosmetic reno you could get roughly 400k for it...happy to hear the thoughts of any experienced renovator on how much they think it could go for and how much would need to be spent

Providing there's nothing structurally wrong with it (as they've mentioned in their description) I don't think you'd have to spend big bucks getting it into shape.

New flooring (cheap stuff from bunnings), paint (something neutral and on special), new basic kitchen, tile the bathroom floors and add new vanity (it actually looks like someones made a start in there with the bath and wall tiles) - also new shower screen). Tile in the laundry, new basin (all materials for the wet areas can be purchase cheaply at the auction houses and rivoland for the tiles).

Put in some new blinds, new light fittings and clean up the backyard. Now it's worth close to $400k and will rent for $400 p.w :)

Cheers

Jamie

Back