Car Rental - what would you do?

I made a reservation with a well known rental agency about 200m from work for a 12 seater mini bus to take my daughters friends to our holiday home for her 13th birthday to enjoy a weekend of water skiing at Lake Eildon.
We decided to take up two cars. My car seats 5 and my wife car seats 7 in the Ford Territory. My wife was in an accident and the Ford Territory with tow bar is in the workshop for 6 weeks. So I went to the Car rental agency and told them i needed a car to replace the Territory and needed a tow bar so i could tow a jetski.
They suggested the 12 seater bus as its got a tow bar and i thought that would suit as i would not need to bring the other car. I got confirmation on Thurs. No problems. I would pick it up on Sat morning so it would not interfere with work.
Then Friday morning, I am told the bus intended for me was not available as it had come back and required work.
So they tried to shunt me off to another Bus rental company about 8kms away. It had to be sorted on Friday as the Bus company are not open on Sat morning. How do i get there, I asked as my wife was using my car. They drove me. Then the bus company would not let me tow. I got around that in the end. But this took all Friday afternoon to sort out and as an IT contractor I lost the time.
I did make my feelings clear that i was not happy as I had booked the bus 4 weeks earlier. I went for a walk this morning and there was a 12 seater bus in the agency parking lot.

Is it worth my time having a whinge about this to the Rental company head office? What would you do, if anything at all?

Last edited:
Back