Car Window Tinting Advice

Hi, I want to put tinting on my car windows... should I go for the darker 20% or the legal 35% or even lighter? I was told they all have the same level of UV protection.

Any advice / considerations?

Muppie,

Go the darkest legal tint available. Might be the same UV but it will cut the heat further, look cooler and people wont be able to see what you are doing.

If it is dark enough you might even be able to drive around naked all day.

Cheers,

Simon said:
If it is dark enough you might even be able to drive around naked all day.

Cheers,
So now we know what you get upto all day, Simon. What happens if you get stopped by the breathalisor?

My wife wont let me drive naked - says I don't have the body for it and am an embarrassment.

Women are funny about things like that I found.

Simon said:
My wife wont let me drive naked - says I don't have the body for it and am an embarrassment.

Women are funny about things like that I found.
You'll just have to make do with sunbaking in the backyard intead :)

Simon said:
If it is dark enough you might even be able to drive around naked all day.Cheers,

Yeah, do that then get out to buy petrol... :eek:

Or help a lil old lady who needs her car pushed! :D

I'd suggest going with the 20% you'll find alot of tinting companies will be happy to do it, but they wont offer you a receipt and will deny they installed the tint there.
The 35% is just another one of Australias ridiculous road laws. the 20% tint is perfectly fine, it looks sexy on fast cars and will keep the car alot cooler in heat. The 35% rule serves no usefull purpose other than to give police and inspectors the right to issue defects and raise revenue from motorists who like darker windows.

Which tint

I agree with having the darkest. We had a car that was tinted & have recently changed cars. The new car wasn't tinted so we have gone for the darkest. One thing I really like is that it is really difficult to see into the car & so it is, hopefully, less tempting for theives.
Not that we leave expensive or personal info in there, but we can leave an empty bag in there without it looking interesting.
cheers
blossomoz

if car is a ba falcon make sure they use the right tint material as the radio aerial is on the rear window (demister) and use of some tints lessen radio reception.

just had it done.... went with 35% coz I'd like to stay legal. Only thing is I noticed one side has bubbles... so I'm taking it back to them tomorrow....

Back