Carlisle, Western Australia

Hi Myf

I saw these, my thoughts were over $1M for 812 sqm block in Yokine was too expensive, where I believe you should be paying approx $900-$1M for around 900 sqm. The larger blocks are now harder to find.

The saving grace I guess was if you purchased both you could possibly rent each out for $450-500 pw, certainly help with holding costs for those who perhaps were considering land banking.

Cheers
MTR

Yes I agree it was too much as a development block. I was just pointing out that Yokine would have been better value than the link they were talking about. And even the Yokine one wasn't good value.

Yes I agree it was too much as a development block. I was just pointing out that Yokine would have been better value than the link they were talking about. And even the Yokine one wasn't good value.
The Yokine wasn't a great deal but it was better than the Carlisle deal. The Yokine one would have had much better rent potential too.

so one bedder apts in Cdale new are on for $350is, 2 bedders $420ish

You buy a devvie block for $799K - say you get it less and that includes your SD and legals

here's a newbie feasibility:

$800K cost
plus holding costs???

$15K to pull down the house
$35K for subdividing
$200K each to build 4 x 4x2 units = $800K
$over a million spent (would be more)

Sell: $420,000 each x 4 = $1680

less RE fees? unknown

CGains tax - unknown

GST

Did your sums just add up to losing money?

The cost is probably less than 800k to build a simple two storey apartments - work on around $2000/m2 for two storey dwellings.

Its rather unattractive isn't it? Yet stuff like that is still selling - it's quite scary.

Westminster, I came out with a $200,000 profit lol, but I added it up wrong and didn't take into account marketing RE fees and set the sale of the units way too high. hence the reason I'd never take on one of these projects myself - maybe one day, but not for a first IP.

Westminster, I came out with a $200,000 profit lol, but I added it up wrong and didn't take into account marketing RE fees and set the sale of the units way too high. hence the reason I'd never take on one of these projects myself - maybe one day, but not for a first IP.

The subdivision/headworks etc are also exponentially more - 4 dwellings can be $20k just for Western Power!

It's not for the fainthearted - I have so many more grey hairs now.

Ah, just get the hair dyed back to its natural colour, I do :)

Someone here suggested I get help from someone like Stratawise when I was in my *can I develop???* phase. I never contacted them as I pretty quickly dropped the developing idea - still want to learn about it tho hence continuing development questions - how would they work?

I assume they don't do it for free ;)

Ah, just get the hair dyed back to its natural colour, I do :)

Someone here suggested I get help from someone like Stratawise when I was in my *can I develop???* phase. I never contacted them as I pretty quickly dropped the developing idea - still want to learn about it tho hence continuing development questions - how would they work?

I assume they don't do it for free ;)

Many of them do, do it for free but there is still a lot you need to know. If you own a block they may do up a conceptual design and rough estimate of costs.

They would be worthwhile talking to, to get some estimates on building costs for retain and build.

Maybe later, I actually have my plan of attack now. Meeting with MB on Friday, super excited about that (someone from the forum); and have appointed a buyer's agent in Brisbane (also recommended by the forum).

Even if I had all the knowledge, and I have only just learned it costs $30K + to subdivide ... so far short of knowing really anything about developing, I have a business to run and kids aged 3 1/2 and 1 1/2 ... and a masters program to go back to at some stage - I don't have time.

But I love learning stuff.

Maybe later, I actually have my plan of attack now. Meeting with MB on Friday, super excited about that (someone from the forum); and have appointed a buyer's agent in Brisbane (also recommended by the forum).

Even if I had all the knowledge, and I have only just learned it costs $30K + to subdivide ... so far short of knowing really anything about developing, I have a business to run and kids aged 3 1/2 and 1 1/2 ... and a masters program to go back to at some stage - I don't have time.

But I love learning stuff.

Congrats - getting things rolling is always exciting.

I was looking at a duplex half earlier this month. Number 45 of this half was on the market for $449+. It was overpriced and did not sell. Now the pair is up for market. I only found out today so I don't know a price yet. I would guess $900k plus. Without looking inside number 47, I wouldn't go over $800k for the pair.

http://reiwa.com.au/Buy/Pages/More-...1&listingid=10416797&listingno=3418597&puid=0

Has a price now. $869,000-$899,000. Tell 'em they're dreaming!

Back