Carpet replacement

Hello,

Has anyone had any luck with Terri Scheer claiming for carpet replacement? The tenant seems to have damaged the carpet with lots of random marks and spills on it. I will post pics when I get home but it looks like paint maybe? Along with some other stuff.

Thoughts?

Why isn't the tenant meeting some of the cost ?? Whats the PM doing ?

No point replacing carpet if a poorly managed tenant is being permitted to destroy it.

The tenant is gone. Had to be forcibly removed with sheriff and police. They left with many months arrears and trashed the house too. The lost rental income together with the damage they caused is more than 12 months rent :rolleyes:

Yes, we were going to get them cleaned but were advised by the company that they should be replaced so didn't proceed with it

I had a lovely flower print on the carpet of one of my properties made with multiple iron marks. My insurer wouldn't cover it as it wasn't accidental or malicious.

Terri Scheer paid my carpet claim under accidental damage. You have to

1) Itemise out the cost per room
2) Pay an excess of $250 per room (max 2 excess per carpet claim so 3 rooms = $500 excess)
3) They wont pay if the cost per room is under the $250 excess

It was per incident type.

Eg tenant damaged blinds accidental damage is on top of any excesses for carpet accidental damage

They apply an excess to just about everything

Back