Carports - any recommendation in Sydney?

Got any recommendations? I would like to extend the existing carport in both directions (in front and behind). Got a vague idea how I would like it done. Thanks :D

Around Liverpool. Preferably someone who can handle the council/DA side of things at the same time.

Kinda contemplating to go with Hi-Craft but I'm sure they won't be cheap.

Carports - any recommendations in Sydney?

I've just had a single carport put up (last week) near Liverpool.

Great result and economically priced using Lysaght product. All finished within the day.

Shane Meilak
0409 658 140
[email protected]

I have photos as well if you need to see the result.

Do you need council approval? Avoid if possible!
I did done gyprock plastering work for hi craft, my boss would give me a days pay for half a days work cause he felt guilty making so much!

Thinks Bob, kinda expecting they charge like a wounded bull but didn't know it's that bad. I don't like dealing with councils but just want to do it properly...just in case something happens/troublesome neighbours.

the 2 carport installer contact I got from the local papers in Sydney West was a dud.
The both trying to pressure me to pay deposit 'to get the job started'.
If you see a big Ad, avoid the most.

Thinks Bob, kinda expecting they charge like a wounded bull but didn't know it's that bad. I don't like dealing with councils but just want to do it properly...just in case something happens/troublesome neighbours.

It's exempt development (doesn't need approval) under the Codes SEPP if you meet the requirements.

Subdivision 10 Carports

2.19 Specified development

The construction or installation of a carport is development specified for this code if it is not constructed or installed on or in a heritage item or a draft heritage item or on land in a foreshore area.

2.20 Development standards

(1) The standards specified for that development are that the development must:

(a) not result in a building classified under the Building Code of Australia as class 7a, and

(b) not have a floor area more than:

(i) for a lot larger than 300m2 in a rural zone or Zone R5?50m2, or

(ii) for a lot larger than 300m2 in a zone other than a rural zone or Zone R5?25m2, or

(iii) for a lot 300m2 or less in any zone?20m2, and

(c) be not higher than 3m above ground level (existing) or, if attached to an existing single storey dwelling, be not higher than the roof gutter line, and

(d) be located at least 1m behind the building line of any road frontage, and

(e) be located at a distance from each lot boundary of at least:

(i) for development carried out in Zone RU1, RU2, RU3, RU4, RU6 or R5?5m, or

(ii) for development carried out in any other zone?900mm, and

(f) have 2 or more sides open and not less than one-third of its perimeter open, and

(g) to the extent it is comprised of metal components?be constructed of low reflective, factory pre-coloured materials, and

(h) not involve the construction of a new driveway or gutter crossing unless the consent of the relevant road authority for each opening of a public road required for the development has been obtained under the Roads Act 1993, and

(i) be constructed or installed so that any roofwater is disposed of into the existing stormwater drainage system, and

(j) if it is connected to a fascia?be connected in accordance with a professional engineer?s specifications, and

(k) (Repealed)

(l) if it is located on bush fire prone land and is less than 5m from a dwelling?be constructed of non-combustible material, and

(m) if it is constructed or installed in a heritage conservation area or a draft heritage conservation area?be located in the rear yard, and

(n) be located so that it does not reduce vehicular access to, or parking or loading or unloading on, or from, the lot.

(2) The roof of the development must be located at least 500mm from each lot boundary.

(3) There must not be more than 1 development:

(a) per lot if there is a dwelling on the lot, or

(b) per lot or per each separate occupation of premises on the lot, whichever is the greater, in any other case.

Subdivision 10 of this link http://www.legislation.nsw.gov.au/maintop/view/inforce/epi+572+2008+cd+0+N

(ii) for a lot larger than 300m2 in a zone other than a rural zone or Zone R5?25m2

Can I build one 25m2 carport in the front and then another 25m2 Pergola at the back?

Back