Cashflow 101

Hey just wondering who here has bought Robert Kiyosaki's board game Cashflow 101? I am interesting in buying it and was hoping to hear some opinions on it from people who have played it. Is it good/bad, worth my money?

I find the game quite enjoyable. A bit US oriented in the numbers, but quite educational for people who have never looked at financials.

202 is also a lot of fun, and things happen a lot faster....and you can offload the kids!! :D (101 players will get this).

Cheers,

The Y-man

it's a good game - but i find it a bit annoying that all the property cards are highly positively geared ... not like real life.

if they were then buying decisions would be much easier - like in the game.

We have it & used to play it regularly with the kids, but now they are older, it's not cool to play with Mum & Dad, so haven't played for a while now.

It's much better to play it with other people. There are groups who get together to play- you should be able to find a group, and that will give you some good idea of the game.

Have a look at www.richdadpoordad.com , select "Community" and then search for clubs in Australia.

Had it for about a year or so . Tried for a while to buy it on e-bay but ended up buying a new one . It's a great game . My wife seems to beat me most of the time and lets everyone know it too....:p If you have school age kids then I think they will really benefit even just by watching to start with . They will soak it all like a sponge . I know my lot have .

When I first bought it, I had to pick it up from my local post office and went back to the car . Kids in the car waiting in anticipation . Well , I had to open it up for a look then and there as ....WE WANT TO SEE THE MONEY WE WANT TO SEE THE MONEY . They were awed to see a 1 million dollar note .

Don't have the 202 version but should .

I think it's a great game and well worth it .

Shawn

We have the game and have played with our kids (aged 10 & 12) for quite a few years now.

They like the game. It is entertaining & educational. They seem to have learnt quite a bit from playing the game.

The game is not cheap though. Maybe worth having a look on eBay.

Cheers,

One thing i would mention about buying on e-bay is that some of the games are pirate copys which I did not realise at first .

If you link up with the richdad site they will let you know when they have sales on etc . At christmas they seem to put together some good packages . None of it is cheap but can be well worth it .

The hardest part about the game is finding willing players i suspect , as most people are too busy :rolleyes: I have most of the RDPD books and have bought just about all on e-bay over the years . Hate paying full retail :mad:

Shawn

it's a good game - but i find it a bit annoying that all the property cards are highly positively geared ... not like real life.

if they were then buying decisions would be much easier - like in the game.

I sometimes tell people to perhaps reverse the two elements of shares and properties for the Australian market - ie. property for cap gain, shares for income.

Cheers,

The Y-man

Get 202 - you can get out of the rat race in 6 shots if you are really lucky :)

I saw someone do it in 3 turns once. We had 8 people playing. The more people in the game, the more opportunities are created.

Move 1. Player 1 picks up the 50 appartments card. Doesn't have cash to get into the deal so goes into debt way past the eye-balls. The loans will be called on move 2, so he needs to offload the deal before then.

Player 5 picks up a 'buyer for appartments' card. Player 1 sells the appartments, repays debt and is well cashed up.

Move 2. picks up good positive geared deal, plus pays other players to take their deals.

Move 3. Exits the rat race.

It's a very high risk strategy, and not one you could pull off without having a lot of players in the game.

Back