Castle Hill, Cherrybrook, Carlingford under $500K

Hi All,

Is still possible to buy a house or duplex (not strata) under $500K in Castle Hill, Cherrybrook or Carlingford?

There are some properties listed at around mid 500's, just wondering if those listed prices can be taken down to under 500?

Regards,
Roberto

I live in Cherrybrook. You might find a duplex in the low 500's that could perhaps be negotated down but I wouldn't think there'd be many of them.

Areas

Hiya

These areas you are looking at, there is a large population and influx of Chinese and Indians. 2 main reasons: James Ruse High School and Cherrybrook Tech High School. Hence you are vying with 2 groups of people who are buying with high emotion and huge purchasing power and prices reflect that.

Not sure about your reasons for looking at these areas (transport sucks) but if your reasons are not as above, i believe there is better value along the Northern train line....

hi there

$500k is highly unlikely for a 3br duplex/semi in those areas ...

you may want to try looking at Winston Hills and North Rocks but I think it is still a bit of a stretch.

If you can up your budget to around $550, you may be able to find something in Baulkham Hills

Hiya

These areas you are looking at, there is a large population and influx of Chinese and Indians. 2 main reasons: James Ruse High School and Cherrybrook Tech High School. Hence you are vying with 2 groups of people who are buying with high emotion and huge purchasing power and prices reflect that.....
3rd main reason
the Sikh place of worship
http://www.asainc.org.au/

Thank you all for your replies.

We were priced out of Hornsby area (Hornsby, Asquit, Normanhurst, Thornleigh) that's why we are looking now at the Carlingford, Cheerybrook.

If we can't find anything there for low 500's, looks like we will have to start looking at an un-renovated house in Berowra, Berowra Heights or Cowan.

Regards,
Roberto.

hi there

3br freestanding house (no strata) in Baulkham Hills asking for $549,950, land size 352sqm (similar to size of semi/duplex but better coz it's freestanding!)
http://www.domain.com.au/Property/For-Sale/House/NSW/Baulkham-Hills/?adid=2008701804

3br brick veneer house on 702sqm in Baulkham Hills on the market for $485k but on a busy road and looks like it needs some work
http://www.domain.com.au/Property/For-Sale/House/NSW/Baulkham-Hills/?adid=2008599986

3br full brick villa in Baulkham Hills, with low strata at @ $293pq, on the market for $544k.
http://www.domain.com.au/Property/For-Sale/Villa/NSW/Baulkham-Hills/?adid=2008711036

The market in this area has slowed in the last few months, I think you should be able to snatch one up at a 5%-8% discount of the asking price, so that should bring them fairly close to your budget.

By the way, this is a very nice area. Very family oriented and residential. Leafy, lots of parks. Good schools. Easy access to various shopping centres (in Baulkham Hills, Castle Hills and Winston Hills). You can access the train line from Seven Hills station which has just expanded its free parking spots by 400 and another 300 in early 2011 (45min train ride into city), or hop on an M2 bus into CBD.

cheers

The other reason for cheaper prices on some of those houses is that they have a massive powerline running through it.

Im not talking telegraph pole power line, im talking about those humungo ones that are 4 storeys high and carry about 10 power lines.

No one seems like to living under those.

That said, they do run right through James Ruse High School, so it might be what is making those kids smart :p

Check onthehouse.com.au
I've noticed quite a few houses in the Hills District going down in prices over the past two months or so, market does seem to be slowing.

Yes it does look as though the property market is taking a hit from those interest rate rises. and as a consequence prices have softened.

But for how long? In my opinion all it should take is an increase in employment, a wage push and easier bank lending for prices to start heading north again.

2003 was the last big property boom, 2008/09 was far smaller. We may be due for another boom soon IMO.

When investing in property go for location location location then apply worst house in best street principle...too easy

Back