CBA BPay View

I have been using CBA BPay View for many years. It worked really well when I was overseas, it enabled me to pay bills from anywhere

It is no longer working. I rang CBA IT, who informed me they are unable to fix it and will more than likely scrap it.

I have bills stuck in there and am unable to access the information. The IT area were unable to access the information either.

I was able to ascertain who had sent the bills , so was able to phone and get paper copies of them so I can pay them

Is there an alternative from another Bank that works. I am overseas so much that I need to be able to pay the bills, of which I have many, from anywhere.

Chris

When you say BPay view, do you mean internet banking bill payment option, which allows you to use BPay?

Surely they would never scrap this.

So how are the bills stuck in there and how did you access the bills O/S :confused:.

When did it break? I get my Optus bills via bpayview. But have not checked this month yet... They usually come in the next couple of days ( the 20- somethingish)

Running away now to check CBA. :)

When did it break? I get my Optus bills via bpayview. But have not checked this month yet... They usually come in the next couple of days ( the 20- somethingish)

Running away now to check CBA. :)

Hmmmm everything looks normal ? What issue did you have?

Its not working on BP View..I get an error message. My bills are going into there but I can't access them.

It is now over a week since it stopped working.

I have phoned to the CBA It number on the screen and was told it was not working and they are unable to fix it

BPay is working - it is the automatic system that has broken down, where you go into BP View and select the bill to pay

My bills went into automatically..I got the message telling me they were there but I was unable to get to them

6 were there while I was o/s so could not access them. I have had to get paper copies to pay them through BPay

Hope they can fix it

Chris

This is the message I get when trying to access BP View - I have been getting this message for 2 weeks at least:

Sorry!

The page you are trying to access is temporarily unavailable.

Please try again later.

Reference: 61a78836-830a-4501-968c-7206e1383d00

BPay View is the system that allows you to see whether a bill has been paid or not, and give you notifications when a bill has been issued electronically. It is not BPay itself but is useful for keeping track of what you have/haven't paid.

BPView automatically picks up current bills. You go into BPView, select the bill to pay and then pay it.

It is completely different to BPay.

Once you select BPView with some suppliers, eg TruEnergy, you no longer receive paper bills, they automatically go into BPView.

Therefore, once you are with BPView, unless you can access BPView you are unable to access your bills.

Back to my original question......is there any other organisation that offers this service, as I need to be able to access my bills electronically, in one place, when overseas.

Chris

Just googled it - so now know what it is :).

Of the list of companies that do BPview in SA half of those I'm with take what is owed automatically from my bank. These aren't set amounts either, so obviously you must always have funds in your account to do this.

Can you set this up? The only problem is you can't retrive your paid accounts in the same easy manner like I imagine BPview allows.

Hmmm not having any trouble here still

I think most banks offer bpayview as an option.

Attachments

• bpayview.jpg
    bpayview.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 73
I just spoke to the CBA again.

It appears that the problem has to be fixed by BPay, which of course is external to the CBA.

According to Bpay the problem is across all banks but not everyone is affected. I am one of the unlucky ones.

My problem has been escalated but they have no idea what the problem is, so have asked me to contact my suppliers and make alternate arrangements for the time being.

Chris

I just spoke to the CBA again.

It appears that the problem has to be fixed by BPay, which of course is external to the CBA.

According to Bpay the problem is across all banks but not everyone is affected. I am one of the unlucky ones.

My problem has been escalated but they have no idea what the problem is, so have asked me to contact my suppliers and make alternate arrangements for the time being.

Chris

:( Oh well that just sux :(
Hope they get it sorted for you soon :(
Can you get your bills via the supplier's websites.
I think with Optus I can see my bills in the " MY Optus" section.
But I agree it is MUCH easier to have it all in one place with bpayview

Good luck

I used BPay view while I was overseas and had constant problems with it.. even after disassembling it, bills still reverted back to BPay View.. frustrating!

Chrispy, can you not send all bills to property managers to pay?

Thankyou Crabnet...that looks like it may be the answer. I will watchfor it carefully.

VB ... I have a lot of bills. I really couldn't trust the PMs to pay them and dispute them when incorrect. For example..Telstra charged me $5,200 when I was overseas using my iphone .. I contested it when I returned and had it credited. I need to check them when they come in. Land Tax for example, depends on what I have bought and sold during the year.

When I worked in Geneva I had a young couple stay at the house and fax the bills through to me as they arrived by mail. This worked for a while but I would rather have an automatic electronic system if possible.

Many thanks for your suggestions, they are much appreciated.

Chris

i guess a direct debit setup wouldnt suit as they will take your money even if iyour trying to dispute it...?
i setup direct debit and get the bill emailed to me so i can see it and if happy just let it get debited

BMan

The problem with direct debit is not only when there is a dispute but with the number of bills I have, when you change cards you have to contact them all!!!!

BPay View was ideal for my set up. I could pick and choose where I paid the bills from.

Thanks for your input

Chris

i guess a direct debit setup wouldnt suit as they will take your money even if iyour trying to dispute it...?
i setup direct debit and get the bill emailed to me so i can see it and if happy just let it get debited

I never go direct debit if I can avoid it. Never ever give anyone total control over your money. Banks are the exception because they own us all!

Update

I have been contacting BPay every few days, plus the IT Dept of CBA. Plus I commented on the CBA Facebook page...where they say they CAN...I wrote but you CAN'T fix BPView...they replied they didn't know there was a problem!!!!

BPay contacted me saying it would be fixed by the end of this week.

CBA just phoned to say they have isolated the problem, it is caused by one of my suppliers no longer being available on BPView.

They tried something to fix it but that simply meant I got shot out of CBA and back to my Webpage. CBA are hoping to have it working within the next few days.

The IT Dept told me it has been doing this for 9 months

It proves that if you want something fixed...keep nagging :D

Chris

Back