CBA swallow Aussie - thoughts?

Everyones talking about this being good for CBA, but no one is asking with John sold 80%???

He's got Australia's best pyramid scheme through Aussie- he gets a HUGE slice of every deal and owns the books of all his brokers, so if he's prepared to sell, perhaps he's getting out while the getting out is good???

i.e maybe he thinks that with DEF's and exit fees gone, his book aint worth what it used to be, and as online lending takes hold, his book may shrink- so take the money and run. It's not as thoigh he needs the money. he has plenty. Who knows.. but I have to wonder why he sold if he is confident Aussie will grow.

Thoughts?

Maybe he wants to buy out the remainder of the point piper residents and needs the dough.

Last edited:
Maybe he wants to buy out the remainder of the point piper residents and needs the dough.

Maybe :) With an estimated personal wealth of $600 mil, you'd think he could buy several properties on Wolesely Road already though...

Anyway, this will be just one of many bank takeovers of aggregators to come. They own the banking sector. They dominate the mortgage sector. They've bought the big players in the financial planning sector. AFG, what price say you? Connective, what price say you? ALCo/PIS, what price say you? Smartline, what price say you? YBR, what price say you?

AFG, what price say you? Connective, what price say you? ALCo/PIS, what price say you? Smartline, what price say you? YBR, what price say you?

the going rate a few years back was over 100 k per registered broker......

Lot of dough when you know the average gross revenue per broker is around 30 k pa

ta
rolf

They won't sell Connective imo as the brokers (me included) have a very loose contract which enables them to jump ship if not happy. This makes it too risky a purchase for a big bank I think.

If it does happen perhaps it's time to start a broker co-op got enough talent here to start something

Sharin

Funny lodged a deal on Tuesday from here in the UK (8pm Qld )

Emailed my BDM same day and loan was approved Friday.

Yes i agree it can be 4 days however same as every lender it all depends on who you deal with and how they can push the deal.

Had lunch with Brett Halliwell a week before i left for the UK and I for one think they have made dozens of improvements over the last 6-12 months.

What is coming is more exciting

Sharin

Funny lodged a deal on Tuesday from here in the UK (8pm Qld )

Emailed my BDM same day and loan was approved Friday.

Yes i agree it can be 4 days however same as every lender it all depends on who you deal with and how they can push the deal.

Had lunch with Brett Halliwell a week before i left for the UK and I for one think they have made dozens of improvements over the last 6-12 months.

What is coming is more exciting

Thats my point - you shouldn't have to email the bdm to get a file looked at in 3 working days and its also taking 2 days to prepare docs. Historically they have been working on 4 days so thats something I need to make customers aware of and if they are ok with that then great.

Maybe :) With an estimated personal wealth of $600 mil, you'd think he could buy several properties on Wolesely Road already though...

Anyway, this will be just one of many bank takeovers of aggregators to come. They own the banking sector. They dominate the mortgage sector. They've bought the big players in the financial planning sector. AFG, what price say you? Connective, what price say you? ALCo/PIS, what price say you? Smartline, what price say you? YBR, what price say you?

Does anyone find it ironic that a company called ALCO is owned by a company called PIS?

well, one doesnt own the other. They are sister companies. Centrepoint Alliance owns both businesses. But I take your point :)

They won't sell Connective imo as the brokers (me included) have a very loose contract which enables them to jump ship if not happy. This makes it too risky a purchase for a big bank I think.

If it does happen perhaps it's time to start a broker co-op got enough talent here to start something

In the end, most forms of aggregation are a risk to the broker............. so there is a place for an elitist enclave for sure

ta

rolf

I am not aware of too many lenders who can go from application to formal approval in 48 hours but then maybe as i only do $50M a year we are not big enough to put pressure on lenders.

Application to formal in 48hrs is fine if the deal is vanilla, sub 80%, good location, strong deal.. Any LMI involved and its anyone's game on turn around times unless you go through the banking channel direct.. ;)

A couple of lenders do 48hrs for vanilla deals..

Last edited:
I am not aware of too many lenders who can go from application to formal approval in 48 hours but then maybe as i only do $50M a year we are not big enough to put pressure on lenders.

If u did all of that with cba you'd be double diamond and a bit...
I'd agree that 2 to 4 days is OK, if u have a hurry deal there are always mortgage managers and lenders that dint have much on, and may have a vals niche etc

Ta
rolf

PS 50. A year is pretty good for a retired bloke that doenst so end much time in ozz:)

Back