CGT calculations

Owned the property for 13 years. 8 rented and 5 ppor.

Equity is about $150k. Is it worth selling ? what would the capital gains tax be like ?

thx

Owned the property for 13 years. 8 rented and 5 ppor.

Equity is about $150k. Is it worth selling ? what would the capital gains tax be like ?

thx

Pretty scant on the info.

Is it worth selling? Um, do you need to sell is probably the question you need to answer.

This question suggests to me that you don't know how CG works. CG is calculated on sales less purchase. Equity is market value less outstanding loan. Very different concepts. Not to mention it depends on your income.

Its my gf's unit. bought for about 130, now worth around 280. She wants to get rid of it as all the driveway's need doing and the neighbouring unit owners are a real put off to tenants. I advised her she might be better off buying a house with some land value. I know you have selling and buying costs.

She has only 1 IP and is quite a big decision for her.

I prefer indian over chinese :cool:

Its my gf's unit. bought for about 130, now worth around 280. She wants to get rid of it as all the driveway's need doing and the neighbouring unit owners are a real put off to tenants. I advised her she might be better off buying a house with some land value. I know you have selling and buying costs.

Italian food is by far the best!

:cool:

If she has those issues, selling it would be the solution. Approximate selling costs including agent commission, solicitor, cgt etc will be around 15-20K (based on the costs you mentioned and my ASSumptions ;) )

Geez, even putting up with the unexpected costs of concrete repairs, she'd still be able to release $120 of equity (80%) for a healthy deposit on a house (so no cgt to pay, no agent costs....).

Personally, I prefer Vietnamese.

Back