Change of names on title.

Hi all,

I just wanted to get some ideas regarding my situation.

One of our investment properties has four names on the title - set up as 'tennants in common'. 2 of the names own 0.5% of the property each - and the other 2 own 49.5% each.

It's time to refinance the property and we are wishing to remove the 2 0.5% owners from the title so that we are able to get a loan for just the 2 49.5% owners.

My fear is that there will be large amounts of stamp duty due to changing the names - but I was hoping that there would be some way to avoid having to incur large costs.

I have been advised that there are ways of doing this with minimal costs - but no one has as yet been able to tell me how.

Any ideas regarding my situation would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Waz11

No otherways I know of without incurring Stampduty. The 2 smaller stake holders have to sell their interest to you.

Waz11..

Stamp duty issues vary from state to state.. but generally duty is only payable on the value of the interest transferred.. so you're' only going to have a tiny bill to pay..

stamp duty.

Duncan,

So basically I will only have to pay duty on the 2 * 0.5% of the ownership? That seems alright to me :)

Waz11

Back