Changing from PPOR to IP formula

Hi All
Does anyone have a simple rule or /spreadsheet they use when a PPOR is converted to an IP.
ie what % of the purchase/legal/stamp duties etc do l use after the property has been a PPOR for 2 years to help work out what the ip will cost to hold?
I have looked through the spread sheet collection but there was not anything there that l could use.
When the property was purchased it had a full report of items for depreciation.$30,000 [but not a depreciation report]How can l calculate what figure l can now use after 2 years of the property being a PPOR?
Hope you can follow my ramble:(
I am trying to show my Neice that it could be possible for Her to hold onto Her property while she rents in another city.
cheers
yadreamin

I think, if there are no other properties involved you can still hold it as your ppor for up to six years, even though it is rented. Might depend on the State.
However, if you were too go down the other road make sure you get the property valued by a registered valuer before renting it out(capital gains on investment properties start from that value).
Cheers
Simon

Back