changing pm,s

Hi all,
With our new i.p. 'settlement date has not arrived yet'.
My recommended p.m. wants to meet me at the property obviously with the tenant there. I wanted to meet him and go through things with him first to find out what happens to the old property manager etc as this is our first i.p.
He has a good rep. I was just wondering is this normal seems a bit rushed to me. Ill obviously do a lot more due diligence before i meet him, this is the start. Any comments.

"Dook" :)

Hey Dook,

I first met my PM at the property. I thought it was good, as she had lined up a few tenants to view the place. So over 45 mins, she showed tenants through the place, talked with me about the property and so on. I got to see how she operated, met the tenants who letted the place, and got some good ideas on what to do to the place in her opinion.

One thing that did strike me is that she wrote the ad for the place before ever seeing it. That wasn't a downside, it was a good ad, told no lies (not even semi ones), and attracted lots of potentail tenants.

Only problem was that she left the agency a few months later. I kept track of her, she left the next agency a few months after that. A good PM, but too hard to keep up with.

Jas

pm,s

Hi Jas,
Thanks for the reply i know its pretty basic, i just thought i would meet the guy first and then at least not look too nieve in front of the tenant . they've ben their for six or seven years now and want too stay so i guess everything will be o.k.
Hope the new year brings you good things.

Thanks! "Dook" :)

Hi Dook,

Congratulations on buying your first investment property.

If someone has recommended a property manager to you, I would definitely be looking to use their services rather than the one that was used by the previous owner (who may think that they "own" your business). The recommended property manager's haste is probably caused by him thinking that that you may take the easy route and stay with the previous owner's manager....and there is nothing wrong with a property manager who knows what the word HASTE is all about!

Glenn

Hi Glenn..... thanks.
Youre probally right about him wanting to jump in before i take on what was already in place. Its been on my mind all weekend so i took my wife and i arround to see him , first thing this morning and everything seems fine (from what i can see).
thanks for your'e reply .

"Dook" a.k.a. Glenn. :)

Back