Chapel Hill and Kenmore for PPOR

Guys

Recently there are some sub division activities going on in Kenmore and Chapel Hill. Would you consider those area good for PPOR - new H&L?

Thanks

I grew up in Chapel Hill, my folks still live there and I have to say it is a fantastic place to live. Close to great schools, amenities, shops etc.

Some might think it's a little too sleepy, but I think that is one of it's charms. I don't believe there has been an enormous amount of growth in the suburb for years (I stand corrected - API says 10% increase in median in 12 months past, but 5 year is 2.4%) as it is pretty much completely established, with the exception of a few little developments (one on Chapel Hill road from memory), but I'd have to think both Kenmore and Chapel Hill will benefit from Legacy Way.

The only thing I'd say missing is access to rail. The closest is Indooroopilly station, which can be a massive PITA to get to in the morning as you have to get across Moggill Road.

However, bus transport to the city isn't AWFUL, and I suspect will improve enormously once Legacy Way is completed.

Cheers,

Last edited:
Hi. Long time lurker, first time post.

If you continue along the highway another 3 minutes you get to Jindalee / Sinnamon Park / Mt Ommaney. Sinnamon Park has an old area and a newer area called Edenbrooke Estate which is very nice area ande allows you access to the city via Centenary highway or Ipswich highway, plus train lines nearby. As the crow flies its further from the city than Kenmore but travel is probably faster because you don't have the traffic lights and hills that Kenmore has.

This doesn't answer your specific question but just thought I'd throw it out there...

Back