Charlsetown/Kahibah or Other surrounding areas

I'm for the first time started to look at properties outside of Sydney and was wondering how people conduct research for new areas but more specifically, finding out which 'streets' are good ie the better v worse part of suburbs.

I've found that this is generally something that is not possible until you've either spent considerable time in the suburb or know people who have.

That being said, does anyone have any thoughts on prospects for Charlsetown, Kahibah or surrounding areas?

Thanks!

I've found that this is generally something that is not possible until you've either spent considerable time in the suburb or know people who have.
That's about the only way.

That being said, does anyone have any thoughts on prospects for Charlsetown, Kahibah or surrounding areas?
Yes, they are both good with good growth past & present.

However, we buy a lot in Newcastle and don't need anymore competition, thanks :p
As Cookie Kwan says: "Stay off the west side" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2KbX-06M19w
.......and I'll add to that "Stay off the East side".

Warners Bay is very close to Charlestown and is right on the lake, has it's own bustling shopping centre, free Friday night Music in The Podium that draws hundred of people in summer, a gorgeous village feel, 3 schools, 2 child care centres, and lots of old housing stock yet to be renovated/developed. We have 3 in Warners Bay and they have never been empty. Capital growth has been good, but I've got a feeling it's about to be great. Never hear you mention/reccommend some of the better suburbs of Lake Macquarie much when you're talking about Newcastle Propertunity - is it too far from the CBD, in your opinion?

there good areas plenty happening there. New lambton, adamstown and merewether are my top three suburbs in newcastle though.

Never hear you mention/reccommend some of the better suburbs of Lake Macquarie much when you're talking about Newcastle Propertunity - is it too far from the CBD, in your opinion?

There are lots of good places Travelling - some better than others CG-wise is all.

e.g. Carrington has averaged 20% pa growth over the last 15 years. Warners Bay has done 13%pa av. over the same period.

I tried to buy a house in Mayfield the other day, but it sold in 2 hours. Can't win 'em all. A lot of the time, we are the ones buying in 2 hours :p

To find out good streets , bad streets

Ring up and talk to all the agents and PM's in an area . Patterns emerge fairly quickly. pm's are often more helpfull , say you are thinking of investing but you dont want a property that is problematic ( believe me , neither do they ... ) . Agents don't really care , a sale is a sale , whereas a dud property is an ongoing headache for a pm.

Also it can be obvious driving around an area .

Back