Cheap but not nasty Brisbane Builders

I have a block that is ripe to build two small lot houses on and I feel 2 story will be the best way to go.
It is in a lower socio economic area but surrounded by some higher class areas and as it is within a 10klm radius of Brisbane cbd and has rail, I believe it is overdue for gentrification.
Driving around the area lends support to this with some home owners renovating their properties and some redevelopment is evident.

As it is a lower pricepoint area, I don't want to go throwing up some mini Mcmansion that'll dictate a $550k - $750k ask price but instead I am more aiming for a lower end build, something that the mildly aspirational average Joe , blue collar FHB could possibly see themselves in and probably afford.
Something that'll cost around the $200k or less to build and will sell for around the $450k mark

Has anyone had experience with a builder who could meet this requirement?

It will be interesting to see if there are any builders at this price point as the cheapest I have seen for 3 bed lowest is around $170k in Carseldine. It will great if someone has a 2 story for $200k as I have a block in Chermside I would like to do a similar project

Looking at websites show
Hallmark
Dixon
Clarendon
can do a 2 story, 4x2x2 with a mid level fitout for $188k to $208k.

I have a block that is ripe to build two small lot houses on and I feel 2 story will be the best way to go.
It is in a lower socio economic area but surrounded by some higher class areas and as it is within a 10klm radius of Brisbane cbd and has rail, I believe it is overdue for gentrification.
Driving around the area lends support to this with some home owners renovating their properties and some redevelopment is evident.

As it is a lower pricepoint area, I don't want to go throwing up some mini Mcmansion that'll dictate a $550k - $750k ask price but instead I am more aiming for a lower end build, something that the mildly aspirational average Joe , blue collar FHB could possibly see themselves in and probably afford.
Something that'll cost around the $200k or less to build and will sell for around the $450k mark

Has anyone had experience with a builder who could meet this requirement?
Just run a simple 100dollar add in the tender-quotes part of the Courier-Mail mid week and sat and see what comes in,you may get up too 20 calls back you may get zero,but from my experience if you can qualify people over the phone then you are half way there..

Guys,

Please remember the online quotes you get contain a number of exclusions, so the actual price you will pay will vary (potentially significantly) from what you find.

For example - you will find things such as tiles, carpets, extra piering (depending on soil type), retaining, power poles, site access, fencing, extra drainage etc will add a significant amount to what you may see online.

I do not want to disclose the builder we used publicly (jury is still out on their quality - looking good so far) but a good example of this was a quote we got recently for a new double block project which added over 20k to the actual price for each house. This still did not include landscaping etc.

From my research I reckon the best price you'll get for a quality single level build is about 160 "turnkey" in Brisbane, and will involve making a couple of cost savings by using your own contractors for one or two things. Driveway concreting is a good example of this. Any gradient on block or dodgy soil will increase this significantly.

I have done *far* less research on double level, but I would guess 240 for a decent sized (260-270sqm) is about the best you'll do, with the same assumptions above.

Good luck with it!

Don't hesitate to contact me privately to discuss further.

Cheers,

Guys,

Please remember the online quotes you get contain a number of exclusions, so the actual price you will pay will vary (potentially significantly) from what you find.
Yep finding that out now, a bit different to last time I built where inclusions included carpet and paint

Oh and Dixon homes, what a bunch of pratts.
Refused to speak to me over the phone about it and insisted I come into their office.
I said it was for two houses, just need some info before I do the visiting.
They stuck to their script and insisted I go to them.
I insisted I drop their details in the bin.

Any further advancement DEC?

I am looking at a build soon as well.
No, not really.
Wright Bros never got back to me after 2 separate emails so I wouldn't use them as I imagine they'd be just as poor communicating during any build.

Anyone else I have looked at has a touted price but they are all +++++++++++ making margins a bit thin for my risk profile.

I honestly don't reckon you can beat Hallmark Homes.

Flick em a PM and I can give you some per m2 rates and finishings etc.

We are currently building 4 homes with them with another in the planning phase. Both single and double story.

Cheers,

I honestly don't reckon you can beat Hallmark Homes.

Flick em a PM and I can give you some per m2 rates and finishings etc.

We are currently building 4 homes with them with another in the planning phase. Both single and double story.

Cheers,
Did they come in under or over $200k. What was the build time.

Am also very interested in small lot builders. Looking to build 4 double stories over next few years, 2x high end and 2x low end. Have been considering Dixon for the low end builds due to their cheap online prices but now starting to have doubts based on this thread replies. Will look further into hallmark. Never heard of them so thanks for suggestion. hope more reply with builder names and positive recommendations.

Back