Cheap landscaping

I suggested colouring it so that it looks a bit better than standard grano work. A little prettier but still practical and affordable.

The concrete looks to be pretty thin, and probably only a weak DIY mix.
A bobcat would probably be able to scoop the majority of it up.

Could you fit double carport behind the house, one for each?

Getting the basic colors such as red added to concrete does not add much to cost.

If I leave thE carport where it is, then the front house

If I move the carport slightly further back (and concrete the broken bits), then I can choose either the front or rear house.

The first option would be cheaper as I do not have to break all the concrete

Any possibility of having two carports?

Moving the existing one down in front of the granny flat - put a fence from the front of the carport across the backyard.

Driveway is then for both houses.

New carport for house off to the right in the backyard once you get past the main house.

Attachments

• Granny flat.pdf
    240.5 KB · Views: 70
You could put the new house carport where the black lounge is , a fence along the driveway and a small entertaining area outside the back door of the main house.

Possible. But look at the amount of concrete that has to be poured!
Then the costs of a second carport

For an extra $10-20 in rent

The landscaping guy came by today

His quote was (for the following options). I need to know if these prices are decent or too expensive

Paving: $65/m2 ($40/m2 if I supply my own pavers. Maybe I can source these on gumtree or something)

Concrete: $90/m2 (seems expensive to me)

Grass: $20/m2

We have 2 options.
1. Concrete
Excavate the slab, move carport forward and allow for 2 parking spots. All done in concrete. Rear patio 12m2 and shed slab 8m2
About $8000!

2. Pavers
Put pavers over the slab and a 1m walkway to the granny flat on the left. Move carport forward onto paved slab. Paver rear patio 12m2 and shed 8m2.
Alot cheaper. $5-6K.

The landscaping guy came by today

His quote was (for the following options). I need to know if these prices are decent or too expensive

Paving: $65/m2 ($40/m2 if I supply my own pavers. Maybe I can source these on gumtree or something)

Concrete: $90/m2 (seems expensive to me)

Grass: $20/m2

We have 2 options.
1. Concrete
Excavate the slab, move carport forward and allow for 2 parking spots. All done in concrete. Rear patio 12m2 and shed slab 8m2
About $8000!

2. Pavers
Put pavers over the slab and a 1m walkway to the granny flat on the left. Move carport forward onto paved slab. Paver rear patio 12m2 and shed 8m2.
Alot cheaper. $5-6K.

For landscape supplies - http://www.turtlenursery.com.au/
I bought 2T of pebbles off them- cheap as chip! and delivery is cheap as well..

Got a few more quotes today and measured up the area I need.

Paving: 51.02m2 (carport, walkway, patio and shed).
No excavation. Paving goes on top of the concrete slab already there.
At a cost of $65/m2; this amounts to $3318.25
+grass and fence (14m)

Concrete: 66.65m2 (2 car spaces, smaller walkway, patio, and shed).
$60/m2 = $4000
$65/m2 for colour = $4332.25
About 1K for excavation brings the total to $5300 approx.
+grass and fence (15m)
Extra carport?? (x$). Not sure if allowed by council.

Well I just purchased "wintergreen" grass for $6/m2 and could have got it at $4.50 if I went with a company that had poorer quality grass.

I paid approximately $74/m2 for exposed aggregate concrete. 216m2 and it was a 3 day job to pour it due to access etc.

Hope that helps

I can fit a car space at the front of the property on the lawn!!

This would mean that the front house has parking only at the front, and the granny flat gets the carport.

What are everyone's thoughts on running tracks to the carport?

I can fit a car space at the front of the property on the lawn!!

This would mean that the front house has parking only at the front, and the granny flat gets the carport.

What are everyone's thoughts on running tracks to the carport?

Woohoo to separate parking.

I don't think tracks would worry anyone. I wouldn't pay more or less in rent because of it.

Putting tracks in would certainly save alot of money. What would you put in the middle. Grass or pebbles?

What dimensions would you have for tracks. Bear in mind my carport is 3800 wide

Mockup I just did
54325911.png

Talked to the PM today and he said to just leave the carport where it is and run a driveway to the granny flat. Give sole access of the driveway to the granny flat and the front house can take the parking bay in front of the house.

A fence can still be run to enclose the backyard of the main house.

Brown areas I was thinking of putting crusher dust/gravel/ pebbles. What do you think?
Would it be worthwhile having a concrete path around the granny flat?

Back