Cheaper Easier to Build Homes Perth

Well who knows if it will end up cheaper but hopefully less time which can save money.

The overhaul has been long touted and I haven't heard when it would be starting.

The last 'overhaul' was the way that Building Licenses were done and that didn't make as much of an impact as thought

Great news for the Perth building industry.

Now they just need a new scheme to ensure we have trademen in the future, as this bricklayer problem is only going to get worse.

Was there something on the TV a week or so ago about a "new" way of building?

The snippet appeared to show metal frames (a move away from brick), however I wasn't around when the show was on - did anyone see the show or have a link?

They were doing pre-fab steel framed homes in 70 days I think it was.

Nothing new, just adopting a practice and trying to drag people away from the double brick method.

This change is only for single dwellings. Duplexes and above will still require a planning permit aka development approval. Note: all forms of dwellings still require building permits from councils whether a planning permit is required.

From memory only the western suburbs councils and Stirling are affected by this. Most councils don't require a planning permit if it complies with the R Codes.

Back