Cheapest way to travel Business Class

Being pressured to go on hols.

So how do you get the online booking systems to allow for a couple of day stay in the stop over location.

Looking at some of the Chinese airlines and they travel via Shanghai or even Qantas / emirates and a stay in Dubai.

The only way I can seem to achieve this is by booking individual legs and then the prices go up substantially.

Is there a way of achieving substantial stopovers at discount rates?

Cheers

I have managed to do this a couple of times.

What I did was use a site like expedia or bestflights to identify the route and times, but then call them up and ask them to book on different days. The guys at bestflights gave me the same pricing but allowed stopovers, because they booked the legs individually (the same flights as were displayed on the web site).

Yes, one leg journey or one-ticket is expensive.

Anway, I always booked online for stop-overs. Without going through various airline's website and their differences, most of them when you book return ticket there should be like a "add stop-over" button to select.

For Qantas, if I remember correctly, they call it "multi-city" flights.

Or as previously posted, you can go via travel agent.

However, I enjoy travelling and do it quite often and at time I can spend hours or even days sorting out my itinerary and its just so much easier to do it myself then sit infront of an agent.

AirAsia has a very low cost business class, the quality/service isn't as great but you do have a big enough seat. Cathay Pacific have large premium economy seats as well which is worth checking out.

Do you have points/membership/status with any airlines or alliances?

This could work: http://www.businessinsider.com/how-to-get-upgraded-to-first-class-2014-1?IR=T Even Emirates economy is the best economy I've been in.

You can book around the world tickets which allow stop overs through most search engines.

This is what everyone tells me is the best way,but i have yet to try it

buy economy, and then use points to upgrade to business class,

obviously only worth it on med-long haul,and not worth it on jetstar, air asia and budget airlines, as the difference in quality is barely noticeable, ie food included, seats 2cm bigger

Look at premium economy on the newer planes. I went premium economy on my last flight out of Tokyo (QANTAS) and we had a flatbed same as I've had in business on other flights. :D

I could never bring myself to pay what Business costs though have appreciated the odd upgrade over the years. The biggest bargain for me is Singapore selling exit row seats for $50 extra per leg - loads of legroom and you can get up at any time without disturbing the people next to you (if the window seat) or being disturbed by them (otherwise) = have just booked to go back to UK in July and fortunately managed to get exit row seats for all four legs. Only downside is that you may have a adjacent baby in the centre block bulkhead seats but IME most babies are OK.

Being pressured to go on hols.

So how do you get the online booking systems to allow for a couple of day stay in the stop over location.

Looking at some of the Chinese airlines and they travel via Shanghai or even Qantas / emirates and a stay in Dubai.

The only way I can seem to achieve this is by booking individual legs and then the prices go up substantially.

Is there a way of achieving substantial stopovers at discount rates?

Cheers

From what I found with those travel airlines sites the first time you log in all the cheap fares come up,and then the second time only the more expensive fares come up maybe they tag your ip address once they know what you are interested in..imho..

^ Yes it's been the suspicion that some airlines have been doing this recently, bumping up the price a little on your return visit to their website, knowing that you're more inclined to purchase. Easiest way to avoid this is to visit a random website, clear the cookies in your browser then return to the airline's website. It removes your footprints on their website.

Back