City of Armadale

Hi guys, i have been reading on here for a while now but this is my first post so go easy on me :p.

Basically i need to find out whether a property for sale is sub-dividable with retaining the front house. Have a look at the attached document.

The area is Armadale:

Area
0.0711 ha (711 m?)

TPS4 Zoning
Residential R15/25

MRS Zoning
Urban

The block is situation on a corner, and the seller claims that corner block are zoned r30, but i couldn't find any amendments to the local planning scheme to back this up. I will call the LG tomorrow and ask for advice but in the mean time if you could help me out with your knowledge would be great :)

Attachments

• armadale investment.pdf
    157.2 KB · Views: 125
Well strictly speaking, R25 gives you enough space to theoretically subdivide a 711sqm lot, but it still depends on a few other things - especially if you're trying to retain the house.

It looks like a very close call from the overhead.

Well strictly speaking, R25 gives you enough space to theoretically subdivide a 711sqm lot, but it still depends on a few other things - especially if you're trying to retain the house.

It looks like a very close call from the overhead.

Thanks for the feedback, could you be a bit more specific in terms of other things?

If i am permited to develop and build on rear from your experience how likely would it be that the local council gives me permission to have street frontage/access or would i have to develop as a battle axe?

For a corner lot? I don't think they could stop you getting street access...

Anyway you should speak to the planners at the council. I'm not sure how much experience you have, but subdivision projects can be a lot more complicated than they first appear. Be careful.

First thing - please call the town planner and confirm whether it is R15/25 or R30.
If it's R15/R25 then find out what the requirements are to get the higher zoning allowance of R25.
If it is R25 or R30 then you should have enough land to split off the rear block but as it's close in size and requres some demolition of a pergola etc I would recommend getting a survey done to ensure that the house can be retained if that is what you want to do.

With a corner block the Council won't allow a battle axe they will want it to face the other street.

First thing - please call the town planner and confirm whether it is R15/25 or R30.
If it's R15/R25 then find out what the requirements are to get the higher zoning allowance of R25.
If it is R25 or R30 then you should have enough land to split off the rear block but as it's close in size and requres some demolition of a pergola etc I would recommend getting a survey done to ensure that the house can be retained if that is what you want to do.

With a corner block the Council won't allow a battle axe they will want it to face the other street.

Thanks Westminster, have you got any contacts for carrying out a survey? Also how much would that be?

Thanks for the feedback, could you be a bit more specific in terms of other things?

If i am permited to develop and build on rear from your experience how likely would it be that the local council gives me permission to have street frontage/access or would i have to develop as a battle axe?

Hi ljiljan,

Jump onto the City of Armadale website and go to their online mapping.

http://www.armadale.wa.gov.au/Home/Services_and_Facilities/Online_Mapping

If you click on Town Planning Scheme 4 label it will come up with the zonings for every property in the LGA.

Hope this helps.

Cheers.

Links Surveying or De Nada are quite good.

But yes, Cottage gets plenty of work from us builders so doesn't bother too much with small private work.

Back