claiming tax when working from home AND OFFICE.

hi guys

i work from home for my job as much as i work in the office (split the day in 2 halves) i travel between the two twice a day (to office in the morning and back to home at evening)...

my question, is there anything here i can claim:

-car expenses (fuel, rego etc)
-Mortage related items

I know i can claim internet as i only have it installed to test I.T engineering stuff I do.

I look forward to your reply.

Merely performing some work-related tasks at home does not make your home deductible, nor travel to/from work.

There needs to be more substance to the requirement to work from home, such as it being a place of business.

However, additional *RUNNING* costs for your home office may be deductible.

See PS LA 2001/6

Cheers,

Rob

I run my biz from home and claim a % of electricity, phone and internet. I was told once if you claim any rates and mortgage payments then you can be up for CGT when you sell for that % you were claiming. I never got to check that with an accountant. Anyone have an answer?

I run my biz from home and claim a % of electricity, phone and internet. I was told once if you claim any rates and mortgage payments then you can be up for CGT when you sell for that % you were claiming. I never got to check that with an accountant. Anyone have an answer?

Even if you don't claim owner/occupier costs, you lose your main residence exemption if part of your home is a place of *business*, since this part is by definition not your main residence..

Cheers,

Rob

Back