Clapping hands at conclusion of auction

Originally posted by Kristine..

When was the last time you bought the estate agency staff a free dinner.

In fact, I've never hear of anyone treating the staff to a free anything.

But, perhaps I've just worked in all the wrong agencies.

I make a point of personally delivering a small gift and card to all of my PMs and their assistants every year, and also if they have to go through a particuarly trying time on my behalf.

I find that the PM delivers quality service when they know that they are appreciated. It costs me almost nothing and it's fully tax deductable ;)

Originally posted by PT_Bear
I make a point of personally delivering a small gift and card to all of my PMs and their assistants every year, and also if they have to go through a particuarly trying time on my behalf.

I find that the PM delivers quality service when they know that they are appreciated. It costs me almost nothing and it's fully tax deductable ;)

In his book, Wealth Magic, Peter Spann tells of how when he first started out in property he bought all his tenants a small gift at the start of the lease.

A kind of, "thank you in advance" for looking after his property.

He also says that he believes it has a positive effect on the way tenants treat properties and to this day he continues to buy his new tenants a welcome gift.

Plus as Bear wisely pointed out - it is tax deductible.

MB

We are very soon going to deliver a present to our current PM! A letter saying something along the lines of "bye, thanks for collecting the rent andd not much else". :(

I hope to find a PM I could give wine to!:(

Originally posted by suggo
We are very soon going to deliver a present to our current PM! A letter saying something along the lines of "bye, thanks for collecting the rent andd not much else". :(

I hope to find a PM I could give wine to!:(

Suggo,
I've just done the same thing.
Maybe we are using the PM :(

I must be in luxury land- at least for the flock of bats.

. Discount for having bought from them
. Discount for multiple
. Proactive. They suggested the option of furnished units, which is not common in Queanbeyan- three units out of nine so far (well, one in progress)- $2K to 2.5K spend per unit as it becomes vacant, and an extra $40 pw in rent. Also they keep track of rents, and suggest a rent which would be achievalble, even if it goes down from wone week to the next
.Where there's tribunal stuff (inevatable at the lower end of the market) they do the legwork.

No vested interest- but if anyone is in Queanbeyan, http://www.maxwellandco.com.au/

What the???!!! How did my comment about clapping end up here? Sorry guys, it was ment for the link about clapping at auctions!

Dear Krisitine, I have a fantastic life.
I've looked forward to the next day at work for over 15 yrs. And if i don't feel like it i can just sleep in. I believe i get out of life much more than i ever put in!

Many times I've bought (and recieved) lunch, coffee etc with friends in the RE industry. Sometimes with a purpose sometimes not. I've always stated "be nice & professional in your dealings".
My approach to negotiating is like Frank Lowey's: "allways leave something on the table" or "i'll just have the meat, you can have the potatoes back".

This does not take away the FACT that RE's are taught how to use our human instincts to there advantage. that they have caused much grief (many times deliberately) to both vendors and sellers. During the boom times it don't matter much, but maybe you have'nt been involved long enough to remember.

I applaud and admire all those who take their fate in their own hands and go study, research and learn instead of taking advice from those who earn comissions on their transactions. This does'nt mean don't use them, but rather understand what's going on and making an informed judgement after.

and thanks for the love & kisses

best wishes
bbg2003
:) :) :)

Nah, bbg2003

Only been involved with real estate since 1975. Coming off the top of the cycle when I first abandoned my gaseous domain in the laboratory for the wide open fields of enterprise and endeavour.

It's all been great fun

Cheers

Kristine

etc

Back