Climate change?

So true about the Indonesia thing.

ABC totally irresponsible right there and caused national embarrasement that was meant for Mr Abbott but has totally put the whole country in it.

How foolish, the snitchers should be charged with treason.

As if Indonesia does NOT spy on anyone else...?

Personally I prefer journalists not to self censor if it can be helped at all. Especially those employed on the govt's money - if ABC journalists started sitting on embarrassing govt stories that would have a very sticky end for Australia, regardless of who holds a majority in Parliament. Imagine the outcry if the ABC sat of an embarrassing Labor story instead? That's the sort of press freedom they enjoy in China anyway. I much prefer our version.

In any case I reckon the likelihood of a News Corp journalist sitting on this would have been about zero. They just didn't have the story.

The most surprising thing to me is that I fully expected this story to backfire on Labor big time, given it was done in KRudd's time. Instead the focus across all the MSM (not just the ABC) has been on the lack of an apology. I wouldn't have predicted that...

The most surprising thing to me is that I fully expected this story to backfire on Labor big time, given it was done in KRudd's time. Instead the focus across all the MSM (not just the ABC) has been on the lack of an apology. I wouldn't have predicted that...

Abbott can only follow advice from the public servants and follow established protocol. If he handles it well it could help turn him into an international statesman.

Mostly on the ABC....enough said.

Recent survey revealed over 40% of them vote Green. Explains just about everything.
Actually no, Dazz - the normal commercial channel news shows.

I notice it because it happens so often it's laughable, and then in the next breath they'll put on a GW story or two.

Don't worry; every commercial station is full of GW believers - "The Project" on Channel 10 is another.

Kotchie and the crew on Channel 7 in the morning - another.

I don't watch or listen to ABC news all that much. Although; I did watch the Four Corners story on Clive Palmer last night (had it recorded)...interesting.

But yeah - ABC...gotta laugh sometimes..

They lost me years ago when they reporterd on the CHOGM conference in the late 90's about how the protesters were being so badly treated by the cops supposedly, but conveniently omitted to report on how the protesters were rolling ball bearings under the police horses' hooves, how the reporters were pi.s.sing on the cops, throwing bottles of it at the cops, scaring the horses, destroying public and private property and so on....

And don't start me on their love affair with people like Bob Brown and Tim Flannery....

Are the dams still empty, never to be filled again? "OMG; GW!" they cried.

Then the dams filled back up - loads of rain..."Oh; hang on - that's CC!"

Last edited:
While video this is directed at the 9/11 conspiracy psychos, it equally applies to the climate change deniers.

http://deadstate.org/video-watch-noam-chomsky-smack-down-a-911-truther-during-a-college-lecture/

Go and publish in a journal. Given that you are right, every oil company on the planet will shower you with millions of dollars. Literally. The gains you make from real estate (which is why you are here on Somersoft) will be miniscule compared to what BP alone will give you.

PROVE IT. And become rich beyond your wildest dreams.

While video this is directed at the 9/11 conspiracy psychos, it equally applies to the climate change deniers.

http://deadstate.org/video-watch-noam-chomsky-smack-down-a-911-truther-during-a-college-lecture/

Go and publish in a journal. Given that you are right, every oil company on the planet will shower you with millions of dollars. Literally. The gains you make from real estate (which is why you are here on Somersoft) will be miniscule compared to what BP alone will give you.

A 9/11 conspiracy theory where there is actual footage of not one, but two airliners flying into two buildings in front of several tens of thousands of witnesses, and then claiming that the US Gubbmint set it all up to get into a war to grab some oil is a very long way from reality, and a very long way from comparing apples with apples.

Only a very small handful of folk will agree with a conspiracy (Yanks not included because they believe everyone should be allowed to carry a gun) and the rest think it is crazy talk. Plus; the volume of folk who think it is shrinking from bugger-all to 3/5ths of F-all.

Whereas, a huge number (and growing) of folk don't believe in CC or GW.

Not "just because" either.

But because each and every week/month/year, more and more stuff happens, or is reported that refutes and contradicts what zealots and alarmists spew out of their mouths.

9/11 crazy talk needs to PROVE the theory for anyone to believe.

Just looking at TC's rain chart - one chart by one little farmer is enough proof to show that CC is all BS.

The only CC in his rain chart is the change in itself - no pattern; no trend, all over the place and always the same....for absolutely ages.

I would say it applies more to the eco-nutjobs. There also seems to be a correlation between 9/11 truthers and global warming loons.

{removed reference to deleted post}... I offer anecdotal info and reports based on what I have seen and heard over 50 years of life, and wash it all up and formed an opinion.

Someone with a computer model of predicted future weather means zip - it is a prediction only.

It has already been proven that the world has not increased in temp in the last 15 years - the believers say it has.

Who is telling the lies?

I can just keep saying that it is all BS based on all the info I see, hear from folks I know in various positions, and read.

I take it all on board, and then decide. Much of the rhetoric in the media is simply news articles with a slant on the possibility of CC and GW. We all now know that GW is false.

The 90's were hotter than the 80's - GW was the cry.

Then the next 10 years were cooler - still the GW cry....but the CC angle had slipped in. Something is a bit dodgy with that one.

In my 50 years - nothing has changed from where I sit. If it has at all; it is so incremental it is a waste of time to even mention it.

A 1/4 degree increase in temps over 100 years, or even 10 years; means absolutely nothing.

I feel sorry for you that you believe it does.

Yet, there is an industry based on it (GW and later; CC) now - it's hysterical.

It is the burden of the people who claim there is GW and CC to prove that it exists at all, and to prove that it is man made.

Last edited by a moderator:
One of the scientific items that came out was that the sea level was rising.

Where?

I know of one island mentioned in the Pacific I think it was - turned out to be erosion.

See what I mean?

Now, think about this too; the world is like one giant basin full of water with a few blobs of dirt sticking up in the air.

Add a tiny trickle of water to one corner of the basin, and what happens to the water level?

The whole basin rises simultaneously - not little bit here and there, or right where the trickle is.

There is no rise in water level where I live...which is in that big basin.

Science of; looking at an object with a water line on it.

Oh; hang on - that was at dead tide - I better have another look at high tide...yep; the bloody water has gone up!!

And so on.

This debate was already degenerating into a match of who could shout the loudest. The deniers were winning in the emotive name calling and half baked facts. Now it's become a slanging march on both sides. Time to shut down.

Back