Coloured house

I've seen worse....

Okay, so the colours on some of the walls are not the most flattering, but believe me, I've seen a whole lot worse, like (on all four walls) bright red in a toilet with matching red toilet seat and chocolate brown in the bathroom with brown cabinets!!!.:eek:

Forgetting the colours (which individually are okay, but too many in one room for my liking) - I got a hangover just LOOKING at the bar area. Do you think these people need to de-clutter their lives???

Wylie

Last edited:
I was also going to make a comment about not wanting to come home to that after a few wee champagnes - but, as wylie noted - the 'hangover' seems to be already built in!!!

Cheers
LynnH

I just had the misfortune of going into one of my units. This had been renovated some 4-5 years ago and was a macadamian cream (our preferred colour).

The whole unit has been repainted :eek:with the puckey green as per the wall at the bottom of the stairs in the property for sale. They also used gloss. The tenants are Serbian and don't speak much English.

Cheers

Last edited:
I just had the misfortune of going into one of my units. This had been renovated some 4-5 years ago and was a macadamian cream (our preferred colour).

The whole unit has been repainted :eek:with the puckey green as per the wall at the bottom of the stairs in the property for sale. They also used gloss. The tenants are Serbian and don't speak much English.

Cheers
oh no, what will you do about this?

oh no, what will you do about this?

Basically turn a colourblind eye:D.

These tenants have now been in the property 4+ years and look like they will be in the sane property for some time. They have just asked whether they can install A/C at their own expense, which was why I went to the unit.

Normally after 4+ years I would repaint the unit in any case, so now I will just need to organize an extra coat or two to cover the strong colour.

Cheers

went on a trip up to boomerang beach a few years back and there was this house on the beachfront painted in a very "mexican" style - bright orange, rich light green, pink, purple - you name it.

had to blink and grimace the first time i saw it, but after driving past every day it grew on my - and by the end of the trip i really admired the owners courage to paint their house in such bright colours. it was a very happy house and (when one got past their prejudices) it looked really great.

Trippy:D

Fairly bizzare combo of JC pic on wall over the bed and the evil possesed doll on the bed.

But it's OK, they have guns over the bar to kill the evil doll.

Dave

I also thought the framed pictures of Paul Keating (I think) and Gough Whitlam at the back of the bar were a nice touch. They've got themselves covered on religion and politics :D

The whole house in that link reminds me of house in "The Castle"....its obviously been the owners pride and joy and a real home. :cool: I thinks thats kinda nice (not that I would decorate that way either).

Though I think some of you might be horrified with my colour choices too :D . When we repaint, I'm going to have to choose something to cover several different colours of "Dulux suede" paint.:eek:

In the (little) hailstorm in Bendigo yesterday...opposite our conveyancers...a lovely orange and purple hairdressing salon...*you can't miss it*

colored_house.JPG

I amd sorry but I win:p

I (well wife) just bought a new IP in Melton,k VIC. It has the ususal 3 year old dating of the feature walls in sude here and there, brown, blue, etc.. but get this.

We enver inspected the garage assuming yeah whote DLUG. Well the owner has painted a full size dragon! Up one wall and over half the roof! :eek:

Does this matter to me? No. It is tenanted. We probably got the great deal we did because of it.

AS stated it is already tenated at a good price and the tenants like the dragon. Repaint with new tenat unless they dont care either. Thankfully the garage.

Regards, Peter 14.7

Back