Commbank knockback on guarantor loan, next steps?

When you are on the Breakfree package you get a "free" credit card, I have a $15k credit card (because I want the benefits of the platinum card basically, like extra insurance, travel insurance etc) with mine, and when I saw the bank today they still punched that in as part of my financials.

Why not go for the ANZ FF card- limit is only $6k min.
I think the platinum has a much higher min limit....which doesn't help in serviceability ( if that's an issue)

Lots of people don't even declare all their credit cards...

Especially store cards...or the interest free cards....or the no annual fee cards.

Go Master card, 28 Degree...

Just a thought as another option, why not forget about the land idea and go for an established house? Surely financing that will be 10x easier?

Regarding the break free; if i understood the question correctly....

Yes you be given a compulsory CC with the ANZ breakfree, which needs and will be factored into the ANZ cal- however if your an existing client break free client and you go for a 2nd loan- there;'s no need to apply for the break free again...so hence no need to apply for a 2nd CC.

Regards
Michael

Hmm, I think you guys may have missed something, I wasn't saying that I would apply for a second one.

I was saying that I can simply increase my borrowing by cancelling my current card, and then after getting approved say "Oh and I want my platinum card back as I have the breakfree package" and hold my hand out and they will give me one.

It is so insanely stupid (assuming no actual debt drawn on the card) and just annoying as hell.

So I guess now I am just venting, though when I asked the original question I was hoping the girls at the bank were wrong so I wouldn't have to jump through hoops. ; )

But at the end of the day I am not actually wanting a loan right now, I am refinancing my IP loan and just thought it would be nice to see how much they will lend me.

Well I just got my leter from centerlink today stateing my recent payments, part of them were back payments for Family Tax benift A/B, with ongoing payments of $193 fortnight :). Does/Can this be included as my income assesment, if so this puts me back in to the picture to purchase h&l together now rather than wait the whole 3-6 months deal, and potentially easy the banks mind vs purchasing land on its own.. As some said, they view this as a higher risk.

I wonder if this extra servicablitity, the extra cash (deposit) , cancled CC and H&L will land me back onboard..

If you talk to one of the brokers I would assume they would ask you about this in detail, but I imagine this part doesn't look very good?

You say it has been hovering around the $9000 for about 3 months, was it higher before or lower? And why hasn't it been increasing over the last 3 months...I thought the banks liked to see a pattern of saving?

It seems especially low considering your income?

Sorry this isn't meant as an attack or anything, there are obviously plenty of reasons it might have stayed there (including that just being the level of savings you were happy to keep...mine is around 20-25k, I start getting unhappy when it gets below that 20k mark), just curious which I assume the bank would be too?

I'm curious about this if I can just hijack this for a second (as one answer has been given over and over ("see a broker")).

When you are on the Breakfree package you get a "free" credit card, I have a $15k credit card (because I want the benefits of the platinum card basically, like extra insurance, travel insurance etc) with mine, and when I saw the bank today they still punched that in as part of my financials.

Now, I have never paid any interest on it of course as it is paid automatically, what I'm curious about is, that when I go for a 2nd loan it will actually be worth me cancelling the card, and then asking for a new one again when my annual fee comes up under the Breakfree package...

Is this really the case? And is it not one of the most stupid things you have ever seen? AFAIK they never reject you for the card as it is included in the package...you will always receive it, so why on earth should it count to reduce your borrowing capacity with the same lender that issued you the card?

Fair call, and yes, partly becase of family in laws from over seas were visiting, the other reason is 10K of savings went to purchase of a new car, with the intention of selling old car (3-5K), in the process or organising this.

Back