comment on the quotes invited

I received an email from my property agent:

"The gas plumber has attended the property and replaced gas valve, fan controller, fan motor, but the heater keeps breaking down. The unit is built in 1991, and is very old. We have obtained a quote of $1800 inc Gst to have it replaced."

I asked for more details and two more quotes and receive the following reply:
"Please find ducted heating replacement for equivalent kilowatt and star rating ducted system is $1950inc GST. The quote includes ducted heater and installation charges only. Please note the quote is valid for 30days from the date of issue. "

And he said he could not get the third quote as the plumbers said they are busy.

Looking at the above two quotes, I have no idea how to compare. Anyone can help?

Find out what exactly what sort of units they're talking about and compare the specifications of both via online research. Check out the warranties applicable to both as well.

Cheers

Jamie

Seems reasonable,,. as above check brands and warranty and also see who your PM thinks is the better tradesman based off their previous work

That seems like a reasonable price for a ducted heating system. If you're local to my office I can get a 3rd quote for you and provide a copy. It will give you a base line to work from and form some questions for your PM :).

That ducted heater quote seems very cheap...I paid $3500 for a ducted heating system in one of my small houses.

Chris

Thank you for all the practical suggestions. I feel more solid now.

Sez, you are in Chelsea but my IP is in Wheelers Hill!

Back