Common Ground

Hi all,
I live in a strata titled unit and the second unit has been up for sale for some time now. In my opinion they want to much but that’s a different story.
There is dividing fence on this property which separates one whole block of common ground.
Technically it shouldn’t be there however the previous neighbour and me went to worried about it and I didn’t mind.
The new tenants when it finally sells I probably won’t have an issue with the fence either.

What I’m getting at is the *&%^$@ real-estate agent. Is trying to sell this with its own little section. I have made her aware that the entire length of the section is common ground and if I were to sell the new buyer needs to be aware that if they get bad neighbours then they can actually pull the fence down and park their car there. When I told her that it is all common ground she’s like “oh really, I didn’t know that” .. Rubbish cause if you check the title search you can see.
I don’t know if I’m asking anything except maybe having a moan.
Any ideas anyone?

Thanks in advance

A REA that is selling something and does not even know what the common areas are & hasn't checked the plan..............sounds pretty normal to me.

So far this week I've been lied to about zoning - "its resi 2A mate". Well no it isn't its multi-unit zoning 2B according to the contract.

"The next door neighbour paid $900K for his place last year". Well no he didn't - he paid $300K for it 5 years ago. "Well he did ...but then he spent $600K doing it up - so it cost $900K".

I give up!:p

My girlfriend and her partner went into the luxury house next door to the old house she owned, but had tenanted with no plans to rebuild. Asked the RE about the "old house next door" (her's) and the RE blantently said "Oh yes, they are pulling that down and building a new luxury one.

We should start a new thread "lies they tell". There is probably one here somewhere.

I looked at a place. The agent said It's great that it has new aluminium windows. Problem was that they were only on the front and the owner must have bought them second hand because there was timber around them to make up the gap. Looked dodgy.

"great tenants" I find very debatable too. I went to one this morning. Agent said great tenant willing to stay. What he didn't tell me (the tenant came home and talked to me in the yard) was that he had a contract until 2010 on 20% lower than market rent.

Today I asked "what is the vendor's motivation for selling so low?" (I reckoned it was $100K under value) I got told by the REA - "they have just decided to move on".
I asked "Does that mean they are getting divorced?" REA: "Yes" and quickly got back to "and the lovely kitchen leads on through to....."

Back