common wealth bank variable rate compare here

Just an update.
my total variable portion with CBA was little over 800k (multiple existing properties and some top ups)
I asked my Broker to try to get 4.80% (from 4.90)
next day my broker came back say CBA agreed to this.
wasn't much of haggle really
so go get em tiger..

Just an update.
my total variable portion with CBA was little over 800k (multiple existing properties and some top ups)
so go get em tiger..

I'm jealous!!! I've got a million debt but they wouldn't budge on 4.9% variable. I should have contacted my broker. In the end, I changed my mind and went 2 year fixed at 4.84%

I was in the the same boat early last year(over $1m and CBA wouldn't budge) therefore I decided to lock some portion 3yrs fixed to minimize risk.

Now with total variable loan reduced under $1m, CBA agreed to an additional 0.1 discount...

I was in the the same boat early last year(over $1m and CBA wouldn't budge) therefore I decided to lock some portion 3yrs fixed to minimize risk.

Now with total variable loan reduced under $1m, CBA agreed to an additional 0.1 discount...

I think it's a matter of timing. The majors are competing aggressively in Jan/Feb for variable rate market share. You probably wouldn't have gotten the additional discount in Oct/Nov last year. That's just my opinion.

Its also worthwhile to include monthly fees and any "package" annual fees in such comparisons. Rate alone isnt a reliable indicator for comparisons.

Customer package fees can also access the lower rates and a monthly fee is often waived ..But it costs an effective $24.58 a month !

I think it's a matter of timing. The majors are competing aggressively in Jan/Feb for variable rate market share. You probably wouldn't have gotten the additional discount in Oct/Nov last year. That's just my opinion.

100% agree it's the time of year. I have found that Jan/Feb CBA is the most competative. At the moment I've heard of +1% discount with CBA last time this happened was jan/feb 2012

Am I able to put in pricing request for increased discount for my existing loans and the coming loan when I am in the middle of buying a house (should settle this week or next week), or do I have to wait till I settle?

Cheers guys.

Am I able to put in pricing request for increased discount for my existing loans and the coming loan when I am in the middle of buying a house (should settle this week or next week), or do I have to wait till I settle?

Cheers guys.

If settlement is next week could be leaving it a bit late... Also once it's settled pricing team won't look at it for 12 months.

Would be getting a request put through tomorrow and see what it comes back at for your existing borrowings.

How come you're now only looking at pricing a week before settlement? This should of been something disused earlier with your broker/banker... Although pricing is far from the most important thing.

If you need help with a pricing request shoot me a pm.

Just been able to get some really good pricing for CBA.

SVR 4.78% ~$1.1M which included ~$200k new borrowings.

Also on a seperate quick note, CBA fixed rates for 2 & 3 year have come down slightly. Now 2YR 4.84% & 3YR 5.09%

CBA's getting a little hungry again.

Some of the other banks are also willing to negotiate. $840k 4.79%.

Its the Jan/Feb fever I've been mentioning... I wonder why it's this time of year that there is such a strong push...

I would be trying to lock in this discount as quick is possible if you can, best thing about CBA is when they give you this discount it stays for the life of the loan. I know there are some colleagues who managed to get these great discounts a few years back, whilst im sitting here 0.2% higher then some of them.

Just been able to get some really good pricing for CBA.

SVR 4.78% ~$1.1M which included ~$200k new borrowings.

Also on a seperate quick note, CBA fixed rates for 2 & 3 year have come down slightly. Now 2YR 4.84% & 3YR 5.09%

0_o Lucky I didn't fix it yesterday!:eek:

I wonder if that's a sign of things to come in the industry or if that's a tactical move by CBA to grab market share at expense of margins.

0_o Lucky I didn't fix it yesterday!:eek:

Hopefully there is some more movement down come next month when I have a small loan coming off 2YR Fixed @ 5.8%

I wonder if that's a sign of things to come in the industry or if that's a tactical move by CBA to grab market share at expense of margins.

Slight move my guess is tactical to keep it self below other majors.... but would love for it to be a sign of cheaper fixed rates :)

Hopefully there is some more movement down come next month when I have a small loan coming off 2YR Fixed @ 5.8%

I fixed half of IP loan at lower rate 5.09% for 3 years as ppor loan settle today, not sure if I'd be happy if it goes a lot down (hahaha, sorry Brady) :p

Just an update.
so go get em tiger..

I too was able to get this same rate with similar loans etc.

Our fixed portion of loans came off in December and a few weeks ago, I sent in a request for a price match against some new loan offers I had in the mail from HSBC

Pleased to log into Netbank and see new rate of 4.80% (1.1%) off variable.

:D:D:D

Back