Commonwealth Bank Retention

The client pays for the valuation, whether its with cba staff or broker, in fact any lender, and any channel.

Perhaps not upfront, perhaps not even in the application fee, but the client certainly does pay, one way or another.

CBA doesn't charge the client for the valuation its paid for by the bank and meant for just the bank.

Usually banker would still verbally tell the client what the valuation was if it was an issue but wouldnt provide it to the customer

The CBA also allows the client (through brokers) to order a valuation prior to lodging an application at a cost of $99 (currently). In this scenario, the client will get a copy of the valuation.

Quite a few other lenders also allow brokers to order valuations (for free, CBA is the only one that charges extra). Lenders are fully aware that the clients will get a copy of the valuation.

Out of curiosity what is the issue that you have with them if its not rate?

Most of the time you would hear that service was great but couldnt compete with x.xx%

From page 1

The process is driving me nuts. It's taken them so long to do that the valuation expired. They got a new val, but won't let me see it/know the value. They won't let me see any documentation from Genworth on the LMI amount. I wasted about 6 weeks with a cashier trying to earn brownie points by doing someone elses job before getting over her head and dishing me to a lender who has even less of a clue. There's more but I reckon you guys have heard similar stories before.

As brady mentioned they're in the process of revamping their val side. Timely with their roadshows... something good to pound their chest about.

Case in hand you have two properties cross secured with the CBA family equity product - really all the incoming or existing lender needs to do is just repay the loan and value the remaining security and then tack on the LMI.

With this, on the CBA discharge form I'm fairly sure there is a section where the guarantors also have to sign to get the release effected. So here I'm wondering if this was done to begin with which has led to the delays.

With this, on the CBA discharge form I'm fairly sure there is a section where the guarantors also have to sign to get the release effected. So here I'm wondering if this was done to begin with which has led to the delays.

Yeah, this was one of the first things we did.

I have a feeling if I do get a call from the retention team, they may get an earful.

Sounds like the usual Big 4 banks experience!:D

Jake, for what it's worth, they are all as bad as each other.

Concentrate on getting a person you are comfortable dealing with at the bank. (Maybe a reference from someone, etc)
They make all the difference!

Regarding refinance, understand they stuffed up, but why spend all the effort/time for no benefit? Try your hardest to get them to give you a better deal than the other bank.

If it works, you win, otherwise you are no worse off.

Take it as experience and keep it in mind for the next IP.
Good luck! (And congrats on the purchase!)

Got the same issue with a refinance to St George.....apparently our CBA friends have lost the paperwork for discharge....

Sounds familiar......might have to order more bananas....and perhaps watch re-runs from the Planet of the Apes for tips on how to engage them better....:D

Got the same issue with a refinance to St George.....apparently our CBA friends have lost the paperwork for discharge....

Sounds familiar......might have to order more bananas....and perhaps watch re-runs from the Planet of the Apes for tips on how to engage them better....:D

The banks seem to lose the paperwork for refinancing discharges a large percentage of the time. It doesn't happen as often if the property is being sold.

I wonder why?

Back