Communication with other ECM's

So, I am one of three Exec members in a block on 15 units - its an "L" shaped block with 6 units in one stairwell and 9 in the other stairwell, i'm the only Exec member in the 9 stairwell.

Anyway, I don't see the other two members often but I am kind of aware that they communicate regularly and they CC each other regarding block maintenace (just now I got a quote from the PM about a new door, on their side, for $4000 - I was not CC'ed in any emails other than that one from the PM so do not know if it was approved by them, if they thought it was expensive etc. This has been happening for a number of years now.

So I am just wondering, is it normal for Exec members to communicate with the PM without CC'ing the other members or should members always CC each other so they know what is going on?

PS - We are all owner occupiers.

why do you have a property manager rather than a Strata Manager?

Why don't all of the exec committee have each other's email addresses?

why has it taken this long for you to realise?

why do you have a property manager rather than a Strata Manager?

Why don't all of the exec committee have each other's email addresses?

why has it taken this long for you to realise?

A valuable contribution Scott - thanks. BTW, I meant Strata Manager, we have each others addresses but I don't appear to be included in the correspondence and it has been going for a couple of years - I indicated this im my original query.

Can anyone just let me know how they communicate with other ECM in their block, are all ECM's included in email correspondence regards quotes and maintenance or are ECM's in your block just communicating with the PM directly without CC'ing each other on outcomes etc?

Thanks

Are you all office bearers eg secretary, treasurer etc or just members of the EC? Your strata manager should be able to advise whether you all need to be involved to make a decision or whether 1, two or all 3 involved in making each decision.

Back