Comparison between two ovens - any thoughts?

I've found some appliances for an IP kitchen (thanks for the leads I received via my other thread).

I am confused about whether to buy an oven for around $500 with RRP $550 or chose one that has a (supposed) price of $1599, marked down at one wholesaler to around $500 delivered to Brisbane.

Either way I spend about $500 but has anyone heard of Euro appliances, and is it "really" worth $1599 or do you think both would be similar quality.

http://www.wholesaleappliances.com.au/ovens/256.html
http://www.appliancesonline.com.au/6...-oven-eoc627w/

I'm not a sucker, and realise the $1599 is probably stretching the truth, but I do wonder if one is any better than the other.

I suppose what I am asking is whether it is better to spend the same money on something that (may?) have initially cost more in order to get a better quality appliance.

Or are these so called higher prices just smoke and mirrors?

Ultimately, I want appliances that I can "set and forget". I'm not wanting to just be a cheapskate to save a few dollars and then spend what I save on repairs or replacements sooner than expected.

This is a house valued at about $475K so we cannot go overboard with our spend or we are overcapitalising for the house and for the area.

I'm an oven/stove repairer, fixing hundreds of ovens annually, so very qualified on this topic.

There are many no name "builders brands" out there, some very good, some absolute cr#p. You need to physically see them inside and out, and judge for yourself. Lots of poor quality ovens from certain countries are around. Very flimsy built doors are a serious not worth repair type problem on some. On others, the warranty will not be worth the paper it's written on when it counts.

To be sure stay with the known brands, more the cheaper base models, in the well known AUS/EURO brands. Less things to go wrong, and they all do the basic job, which is cooking.

Another common cause for unnecessary call outs with tenants, is complicated electronic timers on ovens, so if possible, stay away from those.

Happy new year!

I used the same euro brand for 2 kitchen renos earlier this year, prices were pretty good. Hasn't been long enougj to vouch for any longevity but check out kambos.com.au to see the prices, they quite regularly have them even cheaper though. I think I paid $299 for the oven and something like $600 for the package including gas cooktop and slide out rangehood

Thanks everyone. I don't know why the second link doesn't work but it was a Chef oven.

I'm getting to the stage of just buying the cheapest well known brand :D.

Thanks everyone. I don't know why the second link doesn't work but it was a Chef oven.

I'm getting to the stage of just buying the cheapest well known brand :D.
Is this the one?

It's got reasonable reviews.

I note the warranty in this one can be extended to three years by paying an extra $99. What do people think about extra warranty?

I've been thankful for them at Subway, but they are used very heavily.

I'ld stay away from the noname ones unless you can find some decent long term reviews of that unit.
Looking after some property last year I had several ovens all same model fail the fan for the forced heating. Not only were they almost impossible to get part for but quite costly when found some.
Luckily the owner knew that they were an issue as failed before and actually had new stoves in storage.

Back