Concrete over drainage easement

Hi all

first time posting.

I am interested in buying a property (NSW) which is pretty much perfect except for the fact that the owners have built a concrete pavement over the drainage easement without permission.

Can anyone advise if this should be a deal breaker? Does anyone know the chances of the council asking us to dig up the pavement? And is that the only repercussion or are we likely to get a fine too? As there is a lot of interest in this property I presume other potential buyers have now alerted the council to the fact that the easement has been built over.

Thanks

Clare

Providing they haven't built the garage over it, what's the problem. The person benefiting from the easement can access it (albeit with a concrete saw).

Pavement construction isn't building over and is acceptable. The chance of the owner of the pipe wanting to dig up the pipe is about 0.001%. Most repairs these days are done from the inside.

ditto the above\
have had a repair done, on our easement on a neighbours property, the sewer pipe was sleeved from out in the street
After we asked the neighbour for access, just to be polite, it was not needed,
(really cool machinery)

worst case:
they may dig to expose the pipe if required
my backhoe has no problem digging through 12inches of reinforced concrete and Territory dirt compacted by 40 years of road trains
a garage, easy

attachment.php

Attachments

• MF50Ba.jpg
    MF50Ba.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 325
The issue is that you may not have sufficient headroom for the excavator to get into the structure and to raise the bucket or arm. Oops, there goes the roof.

Back