Contaminated sites

Hello,

I am looking for contaminated sites to possibly buy.

Does anyone know of any? Old petrol stations or industrial land etc that they can't sell due to contamination.

Cheers

BT

I pass by a few sites that were previously pertrol stations. Curious about why though. Would you be able to share or is it a secret?

I pass by a few sites that were previously pertrol stations. Curious about why though. Would you be able to share or is it a secret?

Well if Bigtone is able to access clean-up at a cheaper rate (it is usually hideously expensive) then he has a competitive advantage straight away - making previously-unprofitable developments profitable again.

Well if Bigtone is able to access clean-up at a cheaper rate (it is usually hideously expensive) then he has a competitive advantage straight away - making previously-unprofitable developments profitable again.

i want to test something, don't want to say too much because nothing will probably come of it. However if it works it would be huge so worth spending a little time and money on, i want to buy a cheap site and test it or approach a current owner of one and do a joint venture.

i will go through that list and see what comes up, it is perfect as i wanted it to be local for the test run.

thanks for the help

No worries - I was looking at a contaminated site myself in Carlton but I stayed clear because of the multi-million dollar clean-up required.

I know a bloke who bought an old servo in an inner suburban shopping strip as a JV with 2 others. The others got cold feet after settlement so he bought them out. Clean up was considerably less than anticipated and he now has two shops in the middle of the strip, with plans to build apartments above in the near future.

Tools

Do not touch anything on the priority sites register, even if you have someone who can do a cleanup cheaper and an environmental auditor!

Those sites are on that list are some of the most contaminated sites in Victoria! Look at parts industrial buildings in the inner city, north melbourne is a good area as a high percentage has already been rezoned to mix use. A site history can sometimes determine the likelihood of contamination and the extent of it.

Back