Convert Arched doorway

Hello all,

Interested to learn how to convert an arched gyprock doorway into a more modern squared off look.

Anybody done it themselves?

Cheers

Leo

door%20arch%201(1)(1).jpg

we got a builder to do it... we are not DYI people! I think we also widened the doorway. it cost about $500, I think.
Pen

just rip it out - carefully - you will find the arching is just inserts, and that there is a squared off frame inside at the top.

basically, follow the current lower doorway line and cut the gyprock up and over so that it breaks off cleanly - and then you'll be able to see what you're working with.

just rip it out - carefully - you will find the arching is just inserts, and that there is a squared off frame inside at the top.

basically, follow the current lower doorway line and cut the gyprock up and over so that it breaks off cleanly - and then you'll be able to see what you're working with.

Thanks Lizzie, what do you cut the gyprock with for this fine work? The usual sharp knife?

Haha, fair enough.

I imagine that after you take out the inserts you then need to fill the hole with a new piece of gyprock? Or is it possible the inserts went in over a squared off frame already?

Back