Converting living area into a bedroom

Front courtyard idea with rear closed off for studio

Westminster this is really good. Only problem I was going to offer more back yard to the front house as the block is 766sqm. Is there a way where we don't have to loose the back sliding door that leads to the back yard? I was planning on closing off the external side door in the laundry as that side walk way becomes the path that leads to the back bungalow.

Devank, thanks for the floor plan, this is also another option. I could put an ensuite in the master bedroom that's there now.

You guys are really good at this!!

Just make sure you dont go overboard with renos.

Check how much extra rent you'll achieve plus will you increase the value of the property?

Also post a google overhead pic so people know what your talking about

Very true, last thing you want to do is over capitalise. I'm confident turning this place into a 3 bedder will increase the value by $30k

I've just come back to this. Forget my previous 'improvements'. This is much better. You get three beds, 2 baths, WIR & two living areas. The only money that needs to be spent is to add a shower & a basin & a couple of doorways.

By removing the linen cupboards & pantry, you get a heap of space. I don't completely like where I've put the pantry & you could make it a bit smaller, call it a linen closet & do without a pantry.

Attachments

• Capture1.JPG
    Capture1.JPG
    34.1 KB · Views: 54
I've just come back to this. Forget my previous 'improvements'. This is much better. You get three beds, 2 baths, WIR & two living areas. The only money that needs to be spent is to add a shower & a basin & a couple of doorways.

By removing the linen cupboards & pantry, you get a heap of space. I don't completely like where I've put the pantry & you could make it a bit smaller, call it a linen closet & do without a pantry.

Great minds think a like :) I like the improvement you made of freeing up some more kitchen space.

Hodge said he was thinking of closing that door from near laundry to outside so I think the laundry could be extended into that area.

Back