Converting word to jpeg

I was just wondering how to convert a word doc to a jpeg image. It is a logo I am playing around with.

I had one done a long time ago but paid a company to do it for me and it was quite expensive.

I have looked on the internet and can see that I can do it after installing drivers etc on to my computers but I am a bit wary until I talk to you guys.

Can anyone steer me in the right direction??

Easy

Get section you want on screen
hit print screen button
open paint
hit edit and select paste
crop section you want and re-paste
save as jpg

Dave

+1 for making as large as you can, but there's another important thing!

Don't save it as a jpeg if you want to maximise the quality. Paint doesn't give any options for the level of jpeg compression, it just saves it at low quality/small file size.

Save it as a 24bit bmp, for the highest quality option available, when using paint anyway.

+1 for making as large as you can, but there's another important thing!

Don't save it as a jpeg if you want to maximise the quality. Paint doesn't give any options for the level of jpeg compression, it just saves it at low quality/small file size.

Save it as a 24bit bmp, for the highest quality option available, when using paint anyway.

True, but if taking a screen image then resolution will only be as good as the screen, saving as bitmap will just waste space.

You could also try and obtain an image writing print driver (there may even be one in Windows or Office already?) There are free ones out there the same as pdf print drivers. I'll post a link if I find one, but the screen image is still your best and easiest for most basic images.

The 24 bit bmp isn't a waste of space!

Using paint, a 24 bit bmp allows you to save the screenshot at the full quality that you see on the screen.

Give it a go. Hit printscreen, paste into paint, save as a 24 bit bmp, then save as a jpg.
Compare the two saved images - zooming in will really show the difference.

Yep,

As above. Or, I use Zapgrab which is a nice little freeware application. I run it then click the grab button, highlight any part of the screen I want, then paste and save.

But the print screen option works too. Just requires you to do your cropping in your image editor.

Cheers,
Michael.

SnagIt - not free, but extremely powerful if you are going to be doing this kind of thing regularly.

Well thank ye one and all the good people of Somersoft:)

I had no idea I had the power to convert something to .jpg or .bmp.

I did the cut and paste thingy and it all worked really good. I have to admit I did not see a huge difference between the .jpg an .bmp but then my image did not need to be big so that is probably why.

Thanks again guys, you all are the best!!

You can also copy and paste from word into mspaint. You don't have to use print screen. You can just select all in word and paste into paint.

You can also copy and paste from word into mspaint. You don't have to use print screen. You can just select all in word and paste into paint.
I experimented with that. But the size of the pasted image was quite small in relation to the original image on the screen so I gave it a miss.

Back