Conveyancing through a lawyer - Documents that should be kept

I recently settled an off the plan apartment which I settled through a convenyancer financed by the bank. The documentation and the process were done by the convenyancer and I have not received any documents regarding the property from them.

After the initial exchange of contract and prior to settlement, I purchased a storage which was added to the initial agreement which I was informed on the phone by the lawyer.

As I have not kept any copies or original of the sales process, I would like to know what documents I should get from my convenyancer evidencing the ownership of my property (including storage) and useful documents which I should keep in case the convenyancer close shop.

Hope to get some advice. Thanks!

Do you have a list of such documents for an off the plan purchase?

I find convenyancer very inefficient. With this list of documents I am able to check it with the documents they give me.

Do you have a list of such documents for an off the plan purchase?

I find convenyancer very inefficient. With this list of documents I am able to check it with the documents they give me.

If they are inefficient then find one that is. They are definitely out there. Get a recommendation from someone in your area from here :)

I would call them and ask them to send you a copy of ALL correspondence.

A final statement is very useful as it tells you where every cent has gone too!

Back