Cool ignore button

I was wondering why the forum had become mysteriously mblless.

Funny how you miss something even if it's bad for you.

Ciao.........

Why would you want an ignore button for somebody who is no longer an active user?

We mods have been reluctant to act because we don't want to be seen to stifling discussion on a viewpoint which opposes what many of us think. But the constant hammering of a single view finally got the best of all of us.

MBL has been banned.

This was not the action of a single mod, but a consensus of a majority.
Well it was interesting to see how quickly people worked out for themselves that more logic wasn't the answer.

There were good contributions in the first of those threads (didn't read the subsequent ones), just dancing around the tripe.

I had an image in my mind of a youngish person who maybe had parents or relatives that owned a few properties. Just from the lack of basic knowledge it was clear this person wasn't an investor and the decent level of trolling skill combined with clumsy language and grammar had me guessing youngish gen Y.

There were good contributions in the first of those threads (didn't read the subsequent ones), just dancing around the tripe.

Certainly were. Maybe we should condense all of them in to a knowledge thread for newbies.. As everyone offered everything from the basic to the advanced in an effort to educate. Might even go so far as to say he got more posts than someone who came in stating they know nothing but want to learn.

It's a tactic I'll remember next time I want some quick and good answers from a forum :D

Cheers,

Arkay.

Well it was interesting to see how quickly people worked out for themselves that more logic wasn't the answer.

I had an image in my mind of a youngish person who maybe had parents or relatives that owned a few properties. Just from the lack of basic knowledge it was clear this person wasn't an investor and the decent level of trolling skill combined with clumsy language and grammar had me guessing youngish gen Y.
Hi Andrew,

If you have the slightest bit of interest you could head over to aussie stock forums, and check out a gentleman (aged 34 from Perth) with a username of Kimosabi. He has v. similar characteristics. Prolific poster, virtually every post if D&G, big contributer to the House Prices to Stagnate for Years thread - the one with 1500+ replies!

Some of his words of wisdom -
The advantage of missing the housing boom is you don't suffer in the bust
The only loan I have is a car loan

Cheers Keith

Hi Andrew,

If you have the slightest bit of interest you could head over to aussie stock forums, and check out a gentleman (aged 34 from Perth) with a username of Kimosabi. He has v. similar characteristics. Prolific poster, virtually every post if D&G, big contributer to the House Prices to Stagnate for Years thread - the one with 1500+ replies!

Cheers Keith

Oh goody, I was only just starting to get the hang of "Troll Bashing".

Although I really do have much more important thing's to do with my time.

BB

Hi Andrew,

Cheers Keith

Just read some of his tripe.....yup, it's him.

I shudder to think what volume he'll put out when uni breaks for holidays!

Ciao............

Haha.. and another golden quote from kimosabi:

kimosabi said:
Aussie housing is so heading for a massive crash...

I predict we'll go back to 2001 prices.

Sound familiar?

Interestingly is says he's from Perth. Guess you could be pretty bitter and twisted if you lived in Perth and missed the boom.....

I reckon we should all sign up over there and go on a kimosabi bash... Just for fun :)

Cheers,

Arkay.

Any decision to remove someone’s membership is never taken lightly. We encourage differing opinions and welcome contrarian views. Unfortunately some people thrive on stirring the pot. In cases like this the ignore button is a wonderful feature.

Feeding trolls just brings them more delight and gives them the sense of more power. So please don’t do it………although I know it can be hard to resist.

Maybe we need a new addition to the gallery………

Do-not-feed-the-troll.jpg

Hi Andrew,

Cheers Keith
Hehe.

Wonder if he's taken the opportunity to diversify his risk by branching out into a plasma TV and living room lounge loan yet? :)

G'day Keithj,

Now THAT is an interesting quote, and may explain the "make it right by talking about the sky falling" from mbl (Kimosabi).
Kimosabi said:
No wonder he was talking things down - can't handle the disappointment....

Regards,

Geez, for a minute there as I read through this post I thought no-one was talking to me anymore :D

It felt like that ad where the guy walks into the BBQ and says he works at a Bank and everyone stops and looks at him, until he tells them he works at St George and everyone's ok again.....:eek:

Kev
www.gogecko.com.au

Who's that? I can't see anyone, but I'm sure someone just posted :p
Kevin Hockey said:
Geez, for a minute there as I read through this post I thought no-one was talking to me anymore

Back