cost of kitchen bench laminate stone or granite

Hi all,

we're building our house, included in the price of building is a kitchen with laminate bench. the area of the bench which is 1 bench along the wall and 1 island bench about 5m square in total.

we asked how much to upgrade to stone and we've been quoted $5600. now we have friends who renovated their kitchen and they say thats too much. we also went to another builder who quoted us going from laminate to caesar stone is about $2300 and add about $1100 extra for granite for kitchen bench of similar size.

been to a few kitchen stores but none would give us any prices of stones, hope someone here can give us a ball park price for stone bench.

we don't mind paying the money as long as its the right price, and its hard with salesman since you don't really know if they're telling the truth.

Hi S15,
I recently used MCM Tile & Stone & was pleased the the price & the product. I believe they import granite & also stock Caesar stone. Details are as follows:
MCM Tile & Stone
267 Edwardes St Reservoir 3073
9469 2958

Good luck & let me know how you go.

PS. I'm just a happy customer & will not benefit financially from any transaction.

Regards Tony

Back