Cost to re-level house (formerly know as the "Costco re levell house" thread)

Sorry,

Its meant to say " cost to re level " house... Not sure why I can't edit the title..

Anyway,
What's the going rate in Brisbane to re levels 3 bed house?

Last edited:
Sorry,

Its meant to say " cost to re level " house... Not sure why I can't edit the title..

Anyway,
What's the going rate in Brisbane to re levels 3 bed house?

Hi Wallace,

What stumps are your house currently sitting on? Concrete? Steel? Timber? Why do you need to re-level it? How many stumps do you have? Where are you located?

Re-level generally just means packing (up to 50mm) according to BCA standards. Anything over that will require the stump to be replaced.

Just packing ranges from 1000-2000 depending on access under the house and how many stumps you have. I've had a few bad experiences trying to get quotes from a few Brisbane guys, mostly because they are only interested in big jobs like house raising.

I'm about to commit to a 5-figure contract to re-level my 3-bed weatherboard house at Sunnybank, which includes partial restumping (27 out of 48 stumps) and packing of the rest.

Hi

Timber stumps with very good under house access.

The house will need to be restumped down the line. Floor is getting leveled so that I can get the floors polished. The place is in inner city Brisbane.

$100

Get a bottle jack $60. Get some pavers $20, get a level $20. Jack up the house next to where the stump is that has sunk, put pavers on top of the stump to the hight needed to get it level. Repeat process.

I'm raising my house eventually, but wanted it level right now while I reno it. Took me about 2 hours to get it pretty level using this method.

Or you can go spend thousands of dollars only to have to restump later on. Up to you.

And yes a cheap bottle jack from supercheap will lift up part of your house, they are strong suckers.

I will sometimes get a bottle of jack for $60 but I am in no condition to level a house afterwards... I usually cant even walk level :D

PS if you message NBS from the forums he is a building inspector and ex builder, he can probably give a good idea of costs and approvals required

Back