Costs of subdivision

Hi all
My missus has seen a block for sale in Wagga. The add says the block is 1400 sqm. She believes she can subdivide and build two duplexes on it. Just wondering how do you figure out your costs and potential profit {if any}

Also apart from building costs what other costs will she be up for

Also where can I find info on min land sizes on a weekend, when you can't call the council.

Yes I am total newbie

Hi mate ,

I am no guru but little bit I know might help you. And also I am from Perth I dont know much about the area you are talking about. But the basics goes like this.........

First of all call the council and find out the R-coding for that property.Ask them if you can sub -divide. For eg: If its R-20 minimum block size you need to subdivide will be 500 sq mt. Also ask any questions you have no harm in asking.

Also find out if there is clay , sand or any rocks under the block ( site works can eat up all your profits if there are rocks inside or it is quite expensive even if you have clay,,engineer can tell you whats the deal)

cost of subdivision involves surveyor's fees and lot of other things like:underground power (if applicable) , sewer connection , water head works (that will cost some money man I paid about $7000 for block I sub divided)

Make it $30 k max to get all that work done (not including site works)

and the time project takes is a critical factor as it can eat up all your profits.

get a surveyor's advice. I thought my stormwater would cost me about $2k, it ended up costing me $20K. There are just some things you can't anticipate as a novice. Get advice to try and limit bad surprises, good luck. (PS def get builders quote for complete build price, x 2 plus cost of land, projected sale price to see where you'll end up with profit and whether it's even worth it)

:)

FYI, a recent sub-division in blacktown council costed up 51K. Its that expensive. The block size was 1280sqm. Also check with RTA whilst doing a sub-division. It could save you a lot of trouble.

Hi Annie,

Thats an whooping amount for stormwater. What was involved in it? I thought it is just about installing soakwells and thats it. I need to do that with my property. If you tell the whole story that will really help. Cheers!

get a surveyor's advice. I thought my stormwater would cost me about $2k, it ended up costing me $20K. There are just some things you can't anticipate as a novice. Get advice to try and limit bad surprises, good luck. (PS def get builders quote for complete build price, x 2 plus cost of land, projected sale price to see where you'll end up with profit and whether it's even worth it)

:)

just got my subdivision DA Approved for my block in Keperra,QLD.

Infrastructure Charges were $19000 + $33000 = $52,000.
DA Process about $7000 to $10000
Fulfilling Sewer and water connections to new lot ? about $10000 - $20000?

Total = $70000-80000

just got my subdivision DA Approved for my block in Keperra,QLD.

Infrastructure Charges were $19000 + $33000 = $52,000.
DA Process about $7000 to $10000
Fulfilling Sewer and water connections to new lot ? about $10000 - $20000?

Total = $70000-80000

Hi, what parts of those expenses can be consolidated into construction loan?

Back