Costume ideas for Australian theme party

Hey guys n gals, as the title says have a costume party to get ready for. Am stuck for some good half original ideas rather than just going as the standard sportsman or whatever.
Was thinking of perhaps going as reg reagan from the NRL footy show but was just wondering if any of you guys have any other good ideas that i could toss in the hat for me to choose from. Ideally they would be ones that dont involve too much in the way of putting together costumes as dont have much coin to hire stuff.
cheers
Brett

Steve Irwin was a popular costume in the US for Halloween last year I believe. Very easy too - some Can't tear em's, work shirt and boots and a blond wig. If you wanted to go all out you could hire a plastic crocodile.

a bushman? flannel shirt, old jeans and a dry-as-abone or the like if you have one with a bushmans hat.

Or

Ripped jeans, flannel shirt, put your hair either with a crappy mini-mowhawk or a mullet and walk in with a VB - Bogan style :)

Steve Irwin was a popular costume in the US for Halloween last year I believe. Very easy too - some Can't tear em's, work shirt and boots and a blond wig. If you wanted to go all out you could hire a plastic crocodile.
Was also thinking Steve Irwin.

Perhaps a 'yobbo' with padding up shirt, bucket hat, zinc cream and esky (a la the character played by Paul Hogan many years ago).

Or perhaps (especially if there is a group of you going together) one of The Wiggles.

Regards
Marty

Just had another thought.

How about going as a fly, lol.

You can't get much more Aussie than that, especially with Summer just around the corner.

Regards
Marty

Wawrick Capper (although fly pretty much covers him ;))
Ned Kelly
Rolf Harris (take a sheet of metal you wobble all night)
Rex Hunt (beard, fishing rod and reeeeeally annoyingly over the top)

Russel Coight is another good one but i'm not sure how people would be able to distinguish that was who i was going for without asking me.
thanks heaps for the ideas people, please keep them coming.

You could make a cardboard plane tail and paint it red and white and go as QANTAS.

Dress up as a kangaroo and go as Skippy?

You don't want a costume that covers your face though eg Ned Kelly because I guarantee you will be carrying the damn helmet around all night.

get a length of thin foam and wrap it around your belly and go as a stubbie holder. oh and write some thing on it just to be true.
cheers yadreamin

With tomato sauce all around the heart area :(

Dame Edna ...

if you have any glittery clothes and feel up to wearing the heels ...

Otherwise an easier alternative could be Peter Allen - a dodgy shirt and a pair of Maracas ... ?

Don't forget the dance moves;)

DJ

Back