Council Approved Partitions? Know a cheap provider?

Anyone know where I could get a low cost option for partition walls?

It would be for a Sydney CBD apartment, I think Council doesn't allow any wall that needs to be drilled into the ceiling but not 100% sure.

Was thinking those nice French Doors (Sliding doors) as a way around it. I've got loads of space in the unit and wanting to unofficially convert it into an extra bedroom as the open plan living faces the large 2nd balcony.

Any suggestions? Willing to try most things ie: Removable partitions/demountables or sliding doors whichever is the cheaper option and gives the best privacy/sound proofing.

You can pick up cheap secondhand demountable partitions. They do need the top track drilled into the ceiling, but only the occasional screw which could be covered up if you move out. You could paint over them as they are often in dark old wood look or unappetising vinyl. Anything that doesnt attach to the ceiling will have stability problems with any doors in it. Your best way out would be to build a stud and plaster wall just sitting short of the ceiling. This would be self supporting

Back