Covered Calls & Puts

Hi,

Does anyone here write (or know anyone who..) covered calls and/or puts?

I'm looking to have a chat with anyone (preferably in Adelaide) to come along and have a chat at a Duckling meeting about writing covered calls and puts. We have had a fair bit of interest in options at our meetings and have had options traders discuss that side of things, but as yet haven't had anyone along that writes covered calls and cash covered puts etc.

If you do, please email me at [email protected], alternatively you could always post on here, or PM me ... or post over at www.duckling.com.au

Regards,
Boyler Room

Boyler_Room said:
Hi,

Does anyone here write (or know anyone who..) covered calls and/or puts?

I'm looking to have a chat with anyone (preferably in Adelaide) to come along and have a chat at a Duckling meeting about writing covered calls and puts. We have had a fair bit of interest in options at our meetings and have had options traders discuss that side of things, but as yet haven't had anyone along that writes covered calls and cash covered puts etc.

If you do, please email me at [email protected], alternatively you could always post on here, or PM me ... or post over at www.duckling.com.au

Regards,
Boyler Room
Superted's on hols in the deep north but he's one you should talk to.

Here's a link to an earlier post I wrote some time ago. I'd still like to see an example using actual figures that show someone making real money out of a simple buy-write strategy.

andy

Link to another site

BR,
Got a link to the 21st Century group from a friend yesterday & had a nosey at the forum. From the posts it appears writing both naked & covered options is one of their cashflow strategies. Here's the link - pls note I'm not commenting on these guys, have NOTHING to do with them, but one of them may be from Adelaide & experienced & willing to come to your meeting.
http://www.jamiemcintyre.com/index.htm

Regarding strategies McMillan on Options is probably one of the best place to start, you can get old versions off the net which is a lot cheaper than the $100+ the new ver costs, & the strategies don't change, just new section added that tend to relate to international index/t-bill hedging, etc. I got my Rel2 of this book for about $3 from the US :D Great cure for insomnia but !

Search for Options forums or Share trading forums, one of the posters on theer will be from Adelaide (based on the law of probability :p )

Cheers
Mark

Boyler room,

What would you like to know ??

I wrote Covered calls for two years, developing a spreadsheet to help me...... We are now on the RE wagon, so have put it on hold for now..... BUT next year we plan to get back into it...

The problem we found with it, as an investment, was that the return was not always a monthly thing...... i.e. the income stream is not stable. Over the period of 1 year, we still made a 30% return on our funds......

The real trick is what price you buy your shares at.......

Cheers

:cool:

Hi Boiler Room,

I have written covered call for the last six months in US and Australia market. In the seminar I was told that you could make at least 60% return p.a. Well, up to this very date I am lucky to manage to be in the break even situation. I slowly losing interest in the covered call due to the amount of time I spent in front of computer everyday. Downloading data, analysing stocks, you name it. I think I am quite suceesful in property and I think I will goback to property.

Back