crack in kitchen tap

Hey forumites just doing a spruce up at a property. The best asset of the unit is the kitchen lol but I noticed the tap about a year old has holes in it so as you turn it on it sprays everywhere. Is there a quick fix to this or will I need to replace it again :(

Hey forumites just doing a spruce up at a property. The best asset of the unit is the kitchen lol but I noticed the tap about a year old has holes in it so as you turn it on it sprays everywhere. Is there a quick fix to this or will I need to replace it again :(

Sink mixers are not made to last anymore just get a $50 one from bunnings

Sink mixers are not made to last anymore just get a $50 one from bunnings

isn't this just moving the same problem further down the road to reappear in the future .
I buy my taps from "the sink warehouse " and over the years have had some taps develop cracks in the stem ,I just ring them up and they organise a plumber to go to the home and change the tap free of charge .good old friendly service backed up with guarantees .

I buy my taps from "the sink warehouse " and over the years have had some taps develop cracks in the stem ,I just ring them up and they organise a plumber to go to the home and change the tap free of charge .good old friendly service backed up with guarantees .

That might work for you, being a kitchen installer, but I doubt it would work for someone who isn't. Or, are you saying this is a service that is provided to everyone from The Sink Warehouse? I've never heard of them, so they may not be in the vicinity of the OP either.

I'd just go get a new tap.

Depending on the set-up, replacement will work out cheaper in the long run because if it's a problem area above the sink then the problem maybe is the same below,spend the extra money and buy the fitoff materials because the lower cost don't stand the test of time,and make Plumbers rich..

That might work for you, being a kitchen installer, but I doubt it would work for someone who isn't. Or, are you saying this is a service that is provided to everyone from The Sink Warehouse? I've never heard of them, so they may not be in the vicinity of the OP either.

I'd just go get a new tap.

same service irrespective of who you are .the Australian manufacturer of the taps in question had a bad batch come through and replaced all that developed problems .
what I was alluding to was if you bought a lower end tap and had to replace it every few years than it makes sense to buy a better tap in the first place and be done with it , and I don't mean buying an overpriced imported piece of art work that doubles as a tap .pay a realistic price with a guarantee behind it and you cant go wrong .

Back