Crazy Paving fix required

My turn for help!

I have a client who has crazy paving around their pool. Can't afford to rip it up and start again unfortunately.

Was wondering if we could concrete or do a spraycrete or something over the top. The area is not level so can't use a self leveling compound of any kind.

Coping is fine (ugly but need to work with it :( ).

Has anyone tackled this issue before?

Any ideas??

Pool 8.jpg

You should be able to spray over it, I've seen products where they have turned ordinary paving into a concrete aggregate look

I cannot help but think if they can afford some sort of spray coat they should put that money into doing it properly and not trying to cover a hot mess with some quick fix. I cannot imagine any sort of spray coating making that surround look any better.

I would leave it and save hard so it can be done properly. If it must be done now I would use small round smooth gravel with large pavers as a short term fix. Pebbles migh get in the pool if the pool is well used, not good for the vacuum I guess.

Next idea is to pour a topping slab to bring that surround up to the level of the coping. Is the pebble coping able to be replaced with a coping tile?

We are looking at replacing our pool surround as our pavers are cracking - poured separately to the actual pool so we can easily fix - but not cheap.

Back