Creative Agents

Take a look at this listing on Realestate.com.au

I drove by the place today to check it out.

The agent has photo-shopped out a huge tree and wisely avoided photographing the neighbors yard.
The adjoining home is completely trashed and un-secured. All the fittings and furniture is out the front smashed to pieces.

I wonder how many interstate investors may have considered this property and been blissfully unaware of the true state of the place.

I would be very happy if I bought this place sight unseen based on the photographs shown on the web site.

http://www.realestate.com.au/cgi-bi...mt=&header=&cc=&c=36444423&s=sa&tm=1206704981

Here is a pic I took today!!!!!

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b241/Munromad/Smithfield.jpg

I don't think they have actually photoshopped it, but they have certainly chosen the camera angle very carefully. Can't blame them. If I was the vendor and they put your photo on the web I would not be happy. :eek:

CLASSIC PIC
Thanks bargain hunter that made my day.
maybe next door will sell too?
Perhaps they are spring cleaning or preparing for a garage sale.

An agent in our office got caught out during an inspection when buyers asked her about the overgrown house falling apart next door. She told them it was vacant with the owners on holidays, just as a whole falcon wagon load of locals rocked up with their supply of wine casks and walked into it.

An agent in our office got caught out during an inspection when buyers asked her about the overgrown house falling apart next door. She told them it was vacant with the owners on holidays, just as a whole falcon wagon load of locals rocked up with their supply of wine casks and walked into it.

...to which she of course should have said, "...and they are the house sitters... " :D

Cheers,

The Y-man

Great post Darren!

I think you're right - the tree has been airbrushed out from the look of the photo and position of the tree on satelite.

Looks like no takers so far - it's been on the market since December. Started off advertised at $165k, then $157k, now down to the current $140k.

Looks like the agent took hsi photo standing right next to the tree so it isn't in frame. The overhanging branches are still visible.

It dosen't look to me like the photo was manipulated I think it is just a different angle, then again I'm no expert on photo shops.

The agent is trying to do the best she can with the situation she has. It would have been dishonest to include the house next door in the photo as it is not for sale.

I would not have been happy based on what was presented in on the internet. It looks like a trashy smithfield property to me even in the best light. Not my style, I wouldn't touch it! ;)

Smithfield

I was out that way again today and took another look at the place.

I can see where the photo may have been taken from to avoid having the tree in the pic. The angles are deceptive in the photo's but I now believe it has not been photo-shopped.

I was going to take another shot but just as I pulled up the agent pulled up to start setting up for an open inspection.

I feel for the owner though. It must have been hell living next to those people and it's going to be a tough one to sell.

Who is to know whether the other side of this duplex is not being renovated right now, and the stuff has only been put outside waiting for a skip?

It could be something that simple.

smithfield

I checked this place out again a week or so later and the selling agent of the house next door has posted a note on the door of the trashed place asking the managing agent or the owner to please contact them.

I imagine that they are having a hard time selling the adjoining house and are hoping to organise it to be cleaned up etc.

I'm heading out hat way this evening to check on the progress of my IP so I might swing past again if I have time.

Back