Cricket Australia has lost the plot.

Prices have been released for the upcoming cricket world cup. With its fast diminishing relevance you would think they would price themselves competitively.

$400 for a good seat to see the final. thats $800 to go with a friend. or $60 a seat to go see the great game that will be Australia vs Afganistan at the run down WACA.

goons

And CA ticket allocation policy leaves a lot to be desired but they believe its OK.

You get in early and use the "best available" option and get allocated in the back rows at one end of the stands. Makes me frustrated when you turn up to the event and see vacant seats in large block in better positions that remain unsold. WTF.:confused::confused::eek::mad:

Don't blame Cricket Australia, blame the ICC, the organisers of the event.

Prices have been released for the upcoming cricket world cup. With its fast diminishing relevance you would think they would price themselves competitively.

$400 for a good seat to see the final. thats $800 to go with a friend. or $60 a seat to go see the great game that will be Australia vs Afganistan at the run down WACA.

goons

Went to see a Big Bash game with my son on Aus Day at the MCG..

Tickets were $55 all up for the two of us - not too bad for an afternoon of entertainment for 2 people.

There were only 16,000 people at the game - it was quite a dismal turn out...but to be fair; it was a bit of a hot day.

A great day; only tarnished by the cost of the cr@p food on offer at the ground.

Just under $40 for him and I for lunch, and I didn't even buy a drink for myself (took my own bottle of water - the 12 year old simply HAD to have a Powerade). Thank god I didn't weaken and buy a beer or two like normal.

Oh well; we only do those sorts of days occasionally, so I can cop it every now and again, but christ; it's a joke what they charge and the standard is very, very average at best.

Back